Sign in with
Your question

SB Live X-Gamer 5.1

Last response: in Components
September 15, 2001 11:38:54 AM

$99.99 buy? yes or no?

More about : live gamer

September 15, 2001 1:00:30 PM

If you want the included games, then yes! Otherwise, get the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, it offers superior features with it's VersaJack.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
September 15, 2001 1:14:29 PM

I've got to go with AMD one this one. Unless you *have* to have all the games that come with it, you're better off buying another card. The SB will run with Linux, though, so if you're worried about compatiblity.

The Acoustic Edge, Santa Cruz, or the Fortissimo are either just as good, or slightly better.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 15, 2001 4:46:21 PM

No, not for that price. Live card should be cheaper now. You can just get the new Audigy for the same price.
September 15, 2001 5:08:20 PM

If he really wants a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 then he can get a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 OEM for about $35 - $40 US. The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Retail will cost more, but has more features.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
September 16, 2001 6:24:50 AM

NO! I finally went back to my old Vortex2 card after putting up with the mediocre quality sound of my Live Platinum 5.1! I hear many good reports of the Phillips Accoustic Edge.

Back to you Tom...
September 16, 2001 3:15:08 PM

is the audigy out already... i hadnt noticed... $100 is a bit much to pay for an outdated card... though i cant comment about wasting money... or spending a lot having just bought some $1800 5.1 speakers including amp...

if in doubt blame microsoft...
!