SB Live X-Gamer 5.1

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
If you want the included games, then yes! Otherwise, get the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, it offers superior features with it's VersaJack.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I've got to go with AMD one this one. Unless you *have* to have all the games that come with it, you're better off buying another card. The SB will run with Linux, though, so if you're worried about compatiblity.

The Acoustic Edge, Santa Cruz, or the Fortissimo are either just as good, or slightly better.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
If he really wants a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 then he can get a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 OEM for about $35 - $40 US. The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Retail will cost more, but has more features.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NO! I finally went back to my old Vortex2 card after putting up with the mediocre quality sound of my Live Platinum 5.1! I hear many good reports of the Phillips Accoustic Edge.

Back to you Tom...

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
is the audigy out already... i hadnt noticed... $100 is a bit much to pay for an outdated card... though i cant comment about wasting money... or spending a lot having just bought some $1800 5.1 speakers including amp...

if in doubt blame microsoft...