Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6600 and PC Software

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 3:22:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Am I missing something. I bought a Nokia 6600 thinking I would be able to
sync my contacts and calendar with the phone using software provided with
the phone.

Is there not a simple calendar and contact application that will allow me to
view and sync the entries I either enter on the phone or the PC.

I don't mean Outlook as I would prefer not to use that.

--

Andrew Turner

More about : nokia 6600 software

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 2:00:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Quoth The Raven "Online Designs UK Limited
<andrew.turner@onlinedesigns.co.uk>" in
vvA1d.317306$5D1.14017204@news4.tin.it
> Am I missing something. I bought a Nokia 6600 thinking I would be able to
> sync my contacts and calendar with the phone using software provided with
> the phone.
>
> Is there not a simple calendar and contact application that will allow
> me to view and sync the entries I either enter on the phone or the PC.
>
> I don't mean Outlook as I would prefer not to use that.

sure, get nokia data suite, m-router3 beta (google it) and configure
m-router3 beta to look for the ports that windows creates for the phone.
from there you can sync your contacts from outlook express, or any PIM that
exports contacts to coma separated values (CSV).

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

The easiest way to refold a road map is differently.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 1:26:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Tried this with disastrous results. I can't get the program to load, I just
get the message ' failed to communicate with mRouter runtime', appear to
have no way to uninstall and my machine now goes to a blue screen crash on
shutdown.

Thanks.

--

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:2qo4r3F10scbqU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Quoth The Raven "Online Designs UK Limited
> <andrew.turner@onlinedesigns.co.uk>" in
> vvA1d.317306$5D1.14017204@news4.tin.it
> > Am I missing something. I bought a Nokia 6600 thinking I would be able
to
> > sync my contacts and calendar with the phone using software provided
with
> > the phone.
> >
> > Is there not a simple calendar and contact application that will allow
> > me to view and sync the entries I either enter on the phone or the PC.
> >
> > I don't mean Outlook as I would prefer not to use that.
>
> sure, get nokia data suite, m-router3 beta (google it) and configure
> m-router3 beta to look for the ports that windows creates for the phone.
> from there you can sync your contacts from outlook express, or any PIM
that
> exports contacts to coma separated values (CSV).
>
> --
> Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
>
> The easiest way to refold a road map is differently.
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:06:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Quoth The Raven "Online Designs UK Limited
<andrew.turner@onlinedesigns.co.uk>" in
cVT1d.255503$OR2.11511794@news3.tin.it
> Tried this with disastrous results. I can't get the program to load, I
> just get the message ' failed to communicate with mRouter runtime',
> appear to have no way to uninstall and my machine now goes to a blue
> screen crash on shutdown.
>
> Thanks.
>

whoa! sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I had a lot of problems trying
to get anything to work myself. I lurked in here and read all the relating
posts before I even posted myself. the solutions I offered you I got from
here and they worked for me.


--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert
Einstein (1879-1955)
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:26:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Online Designs UK Limited" <andrew.turner@onlinedesigns.co.uk> wrote in message news:<vvA1d.317306$5D1.14017204@news4.tin.it>...
> Am I missing something. I bought a Nokia 6600 thinking I would be able to
> sync my contacts and calendar with the phone using software provided with
> the phone.
>
> Is there not a simple calendar and contact application that will allow me to
> view and sync the entries I either enter on the phone or the PC.
>
> I don't mean Outlook as I would prefer not to use that.

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
OS phones (http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). You can manage your
phonebook contacts and agenda (calendar and to-do list) with our
software, save your data locally in our program or synchronize them
with Outlook (if there'll be such need).

Also our program supports images and melodies management and message
management as well (reading messages, sending SMS messages, saving
messages locally).

You can download the latest trial from our official website:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
program, feel free to post them on our official forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
!