Shell Icon Hidden Window

I have a typical problem while logging off from Windows XP. Each time, I
logoff there is a popup window with the header "ShellIconHiddenWindow"
and automatically disappears after a few seconds. Why is this? And how
do I prevent it from appearing again?

--
dr.nil
dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402

    dr.nil,
    This has to do with MusicMatch Jukebox (a legitimate program)
    processes
    starting with Windows.

    Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
    brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab
    and
    find all entries relating to MusicMatch. Uncheck the boxes next to the
    names, Apply and OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but
    the
    next time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility.
    Just tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this
    again".

    This should stop everything to do with MusicMatch Jukebox from
    starting
    with Windows and you won't get the ShellIconHiddenWindow any more.

    Information by Malke
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Newer version of MusicMatch Jukebox available that has seemed to resolve the
    issue with the white pixel and the shell icon crash...

    shelliconhiddenwindow error at shutdown
    http://64.91.226.241/showthread.php?t=65316

    ShelllconHiddenWindow

    That error message window seems to be caused by Musicmatch Jukebox.
    You do not need MusicMatch running at startup. You can always start the apps
    manually.

    Remove these two entries...
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mimboot.exe

    from...
    ---

    mm_tray.exe is the tray bar process for MusicMatch Jukebox which organizes
    and plays music media such as MP3s. It gives the user easy access to the
    MusicMatch Jukebox application and settings. This is a non-essential
    process.

    mimboot.exe is a process associated with Musicmatch Jukebox. The process
    makes sure that Musicmatch is launched when starting up the system.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com,
    dr.nil <dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have a typical problem while logging off from Windows XP. Each time, I
    > logoff there is a popup window with the header "ShellIconHiddenWindow"
    > and automatically disappears after a few seconds. Why is this? And how
    > do I prevent it from appearing again?
    >

    > --
    > dr.nil
    > dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=325373
    > Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-171.html
    > | http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-170.html |
    > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-169.html |
    > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-168.html |
    > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-167.html

    [[You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments]]

    Wanna bet? As long as you are stealing posts from
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize I can.

    Guest Hah!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%233MNj3iiFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Newer version of MusicMatch Jukebox available that has seemed to resolve
    > the issue with the white pixel and the shell icon crash...
    >
    > shelliconhiddenwindow error at shutdown
    > http://64.91.226.241/showthread.php?t=65316
    >
    > ShelllconHiddenWindow
    >
    > That error message window seems to be caused by Musicmatch Jukebox.
    > You do not need MusicMatch running at startup. You can always start the
    > apps manually.
    >
    > Remove these two entries...
    > C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
    > C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mimboot.exe
    >
    > from...
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > ---
    >
    > mm_tray.exe is the tray bar process for MusicMatch Jukebox which organizes
    > and plays music media such as MP3s. It gives the user easy access to the
    > MusicMatch Jukebox application and settings. This is a non-essential
    > process.
    >
    > mimboot.exe is a process associated with Musicmatch Jukebox. The process
    > makes sure that Musicmatch is launched when starting up the system.
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com,
    > dr.nil <dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I have a typical problem while logging off from Windows XP. Each time, I
    >> logoff there is a popup window with the header "ShellIconHiddenWindow"
    >> and automatically disappears after a few seconds. Why is this? And how
    >> do I prevent it from appearing again?
    >>

    >> --
    >> dr.nil
    >> dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402