New Build Comments and suggestions appreciated

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: next few days (the closer the better)

Budget Range: 1000-1700$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming mostly

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: New everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Cyberpower

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080 preferably

Additional Comments: I would like to just get it all done at once and have it just sent to me. The site I am working with has plenty of choice. Any suggestions would really help

So far I have:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance )
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, Display Port, 3x Gen3 PCIe X16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card
2 answers Last reply
More about build comments suggestions appreciated
  1. nope id build it yourself. many guides on youtube to help you out

this build will perform the same or better for a lower price given you can build it yourself for free. takes a little less than 2.5hrs. 3.5 if you want cables to be very neat
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/geWL
  2. If you want to overclock, you will need to add an aftermarket cooler. A cheap one will do, provided you don't want to overclock agressively. something like a Coolermaster 212 EVO. If you are building a performance system, it is worth including an SSD, for your OS and main games. Something like a 128GB Samsung 830 is very good. Much improved performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems