UBRS - getting stuck at the arena

Mel

Last night, for the second time in a week, we got stuck on a UBRS run at
the arena; 13 in, 13 dead after someone (no one wanted to acknowledge it
was their act) TAB targeted a mob up on the ledge. (Isn't this a bug?
You shouldn't be able to shoot/spell through a wall, you can't through a
gate....and I remember the complaints at Hammerfall....)

2 Latecomers watched us through the gate.

We tried rezzing inside as the two groups seemed doable. After two
attempts and dragonets appearing everywhere (do the eggs hatch on a
timer or movement detector? Or do you have to walk on them?) we switched
tactics;

The 13 left our bodies and walked back; we thought we'd try form up top,
it seemed a good idea EXCEPT..... we killed the mobs in the arena and
nothing happened. And we couldn't target the boss on the opposite ledge.

End of instance, good night, see you later.

A real pain; we had a great group, I'd never gone through there that
fast before with so littel trouble (there was 13 of us, and I hardly
ever had time to use more than one spell on a mob.... they died so quick!)

Should we have left someone to rez in the arena? Is there any way of
recovering when this happens?

Any help would be appreciated; not that I intende for it to happen
again, but you never know....

Mage, Kirin Tor

"Mel" <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> wrote in message
> Last night, for the second time in a week, we got stuck on a UBRS run at
> the arena; 13 in, 13 dead after someone (no one wanted to acknowledge it
> was their act) TAB targeted a mob up on the ledge. (Isn't this a bug? You
> shouldn't be able to shoot/spell through a wall, you can't through a
> gate....and I remember the complaints at Hammerfall....)
>
> 2 Latecomers watched us through the gate.
>
> We tried rezzing inside as the two groups seemed doable. After two
> attempts and dragonets appearing everywhere (do the eggs hatch on a timer
> or movement detector? Or do you have to walk on them?) we switched
> tactics;
>
> The 13 left our bodies and walked back; we thought we'd try form up top,
> it seemed a good idea EXCEPT..... we killed the mobs in the arena and
> nothing happened. And we couldn't target the boss on the opposite ledge.
>
> End of instance, good night, see you later.
>
> A real pain; we had a great group, I'd never gone through there that fast
> before with so littel trouble (there was 13 of us, and I hardly ever had
> time to use more than one spell on a mob.... they died so quick!)
>

> Should we have left someone to rez in the arena? Is there any way of
> recovering when this happens?
>

> Any help would be appreciated; not that I intende for it to happen again,
> but you never know....

I dont think you can redo if you fail there. Go out and reset the instance.
Excellent way to teach people not to tab target.

* Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> wrote:

| Last night, for the second time in a week, we got stuck on a UBRS run
| at the arena; 13 in, 13 dead after someone (no one wanted to
| acknowledge it was their act) TAB targeted a mob up on the
| ledge. (Isn't this a bug? You shouldn't be able to shoot/spell through
| a wall, you can't through a gate....and I remember the complaints at
| Hammerfall....)
|
| 2 Latecomers watched us through the gate.
|
| We tried rezzing inside as the two groups seemed doable. After two
| attempts and dragonets appearing everywhere (do the eggs hatch on a
| timer or movement detector? Or do you have to walk on them?) we
| switched tactics;
|
| The 13 left our bodies and walked back; we thought we'd try form up
| top, it seemed a good idea EXCEPT..... we killed the mobs in the arena
| and nothing happened. And we couldn't target the boss on the opposite
| ledge.
|
| End of instance, good night, see you later.

This reminds me of a Stratholme 5-man Baron run last week. Unfortunately
we had no real tank in the group, and wiped two times at the Baron.
Instead of giving up, we managed to devise a plan to really get him the
third time. A lot of mobs had respawned, so getting back to the Slaughter-
house took a while. When we got there, the doors were closed, and we
couldn't find any way to reopen them. :-< Guess we would have to wait for
some key (no pun inteded) mobs to respawn, but it was late at night so
we just gave up and portaled out.

--
Lars Haugseth

the only time this happened to me was with a mage AoE attacking the ledge -
also due to tab targeting. That was about the 35th time I did UBRS and that
was the first time I ever knew there were mobs on that ledge. Who the hell
would look up at the ledge while fighting the dragonkin and then Rend?
Strange.

Anyway, it looked to us like we had a finite time window to get back and
into the arena before the mobs that were down there left and then the thing
was bunk. At any rate, it is pretty fast to get to the arena, so just
resetting is probably the best bet anyway.

Mike