Bsod

Hello everyone. i seem to be having problems with my new build. i seem to get a bsod every time i try to run a program. its only that one program that does it. the program i try to use helps me craft in the game. i didnt have a problem with my previous ati 5770 card. but i dont know what the problem is. i have followed the guide where to put the ram so i dont think its the ram. i updated my bios. i seem to get a rainbow color line on my games from time to time. a small black square appears bottom right. this is my build .

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/24/12 14:35:09 Ver: 12.03
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8164MB RAM
Page File: 2404MB used, 13923MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6738)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6738&SUBSYS_174B174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 738 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1008 MB
Shared Memory: 3826 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Acer S231HL
Monitor Id: ACR01A6
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
7 answers Last reply
More about bsod
  1. What program, what version Cat. driver? Is the program a genuine version or a copy? From what you posted it sounds like a mod to a game. Many mods are not well constructed or tested with every hardware config. What game also pls?
  2. The BSOD should have created a crash dump file. If you can provide the information from that it would be very helpful.
  3. the bsod says sometimes memory managment. then it says page not found. the program i try to run is moetoy, you can find it at www.moetoy.com / and the game is Final fantasy 14. i have updated the driver and catalyst , when i try to open the catalyst center it dosent even let me control the fan speed as well now that u guys mentioned it.
  4. Can you use Cat.Cntr. at all? Do any of the functions work like screen resolution or other performance features? I would suggest removing the driver and all other cat. components using the removal option given by the install package. Also download and install (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718) Netframework 4 if it is not up to date. It is required for Cat. Cntr. to work. This may be a video driver issue.
  5. no, the performance feature dosent seem to work, it asks me if i understand the policy i accept it, and nothing happens. a screen witth the hydra vision pops up. i DL framwork 4. just now
  6. i don't know if its my mobo not letting me use the performance utility to increase fan speed.. its a sabertooth x79 has these 2 small fans. its a great build a friend knew what i wanted my temps never go pass 40c., its working fine after i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it like you guys said =).
    i dont see anymore rainbow lines nor a tiny square box around the screen lol, thank you
  7. Glad to hear you are running ok now. GL
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Blue Screen Graphics