Your question

Nvidia SLI Option Gone After Updating Drivers

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 14, 2012 3:49:36 AM

Hello everybody, I'm running 2 GTX 580s in SLI (or i was) untill i updated from driver 285 to 301.42.
I Went in game and opened my MSI Afterburner and noticed only 1 of my GPUs was being used.
So i looked in the Nvidia control panel and the SLI options were gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My system specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.80GHz (Overclocked - Corsair H60 Cooled)
Memory: 9GB RAM @ 1333MHz
Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD + 2x 1,5TB HDD
Video Card: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 (2-Way SLI)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster BX 2431 (24" Full HD)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-5500 Speakers / Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset
Keyboard: Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G9x Gaming Laser Mouse
Mouse Surface: Razer Ironclad Gaming Mousemat
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: MSI X58A-GD65
Case: NZXT Phantom (Black - Full tower)
Power Supply: Corsair HX850

Thanks, Randy

More about : nvidia sli option updating drivers

a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2012 4:29:44 AM

Roll back to the earlier version of your drivers and wait for a new release....
July 17, 2012 5:34:23 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem. This happened last time I updated the drivers and I rolled back, but don't want to have to keep on doing this.

Have hunted everywhere online for help with this and it's driving me crazy. Have disabled/enabled the cards, taken them out and reseated them, deleted all previous Nvidia drivers, but still my SLI is not recognised. It's obviously nothing wrong with the SLI setup itself because it was working perfectly before the driver update, so if anybody could provide any advice I'd be hugely grateful.
a c 181 U Graphics card
July 18, 2012 2:14:23 AM

Is your system even seeing the second GPU? You can check it in the device manager under display adaptors. If it only shows one GPU then you will have to go into bios and see if you can enable it.

If that doesn't work then try this. Take out the second card boot your system up then shut is down and then put the second card in make sure everything is hooked up right and reboot.

If that doesn't work pop out your CMOS battery for ten min, and pop it back in and reboot. If none of that worked. Do a restore point before the update. Then go from there. Good luck.