mylesw

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hello everyone!

I need help deciding on a monitor. I have been looking at the Asus VG23AH, but I hear it has a horrible backlight bleed in the bottom left corner :pfff:

I game pretty much 24/7 so it can't have very high input lag.

Here are my requirements:

- 23 - 24"

- 5ms or lower response time

- IPS or PLS if possible

- have at lease one HDMI port and one DVI port

- must look clean and sleek (like most asus monitors)

Budget: $200 - $300

If you have any suggestions please leave them below, I have been searching for a monitor since November so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you very much for your time!

popatim

Titan
I have a dell something st2320L that I picked up a few months ago (I was in a pinch and this is the best rated that I could find locally.) Normally I don't recommend anything Dell but this is actually a decent monitor so far. I've had it about 6 months.

ST2320L 23-inch LED Full HD Widescreen Monitor:
Viewable Image Size (Diagonal): 23 inches
LED Backlight Capable of Producing Deeper Blacks by Dimming Screen Light to a Much Lower Level than Conventional CCFL backlight LCD
1920x1080 pixels Resolution provides Sharp and Brilliant Images of Text and Graphics
8,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio (Estimated) Ensures Crystal Clear and Ghost-free images, as well as Rich Color details
Connectors: DVI-D (HDCP), VGA, and HDMI
Fast response time of up to 5 ms (Black to white) helps prevent ghosting in fast motion video
Equipped with 250cd/m2 (typical) brightness for outstanding and clear image display
Offers a horizontal viewing angle of 170° and vertical viewing angle of 160°