PSU which choice is best?

Solution
I would use the antec personally. Mainly because manufacturers like to overshoot their PSU ratings and that 650 is rated for 456w on the 12v rail and thats... a little low. Plus I haven't heard to many glowing recommendations for ULTRA.
I would use the antec personally. Mainly because manufacturers like to overshoot their PSU ratings and that 650 is rated for 456w on the 12v rail and thats... a little low. Plus I haven't heard to many glowing recommendations for ULTRA.

Solution

Azn Cracker

Distinguished

I was thinking that too, but it has amazing reviews...

Also dont most graphics cards take 2 pci-e power cables? Both psu only has a total of 2 so you are going to need some molex adapters as well

veedubster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Thanks for the input guys. I haven't bought a new card for a couple years but did some research. Looks like most of the high end cards require 2 6 pin connectors. I'm going to be using 2 XFX 9800 GT's for a couple weeks until I decide what video card route I want to go. I think i'll probably go with the Antec PSU then, and since the ULTRA is still sealed in plastic I may just sell it.

Again thanks for the help and the heads up on the power requirements of new cards.

cmstormscouts

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Antec will win
Its SLI Certified
And better +12v rails
5 years warranty

Ultra is okay

Ultra is ok
ultra give you less power for +12 rails
But 3 year warranty, lifetime if you register the product