Need keyholder !

Always. The same history : 10-15 horde-side players, ready for a raid
in Ubrs, but: /raid "we need the keyholder". "Do you have the key?"
"No" "We need someone with the key".
Now : is there any quest for that key ? Where i can find the key? Is it
a rare drop? Is that key just for the entrance ?
Tx for yours suggestions!

Waldorf wrote:
> Always. The same history : 10-15 horde-side players, ready for a raid
> in Ubrs, but: /raid "we need the keyholder". "Do you have the key?"
> "No" "We need someone with the key".
> Now : is there any quest for that key ? Where i can find the key? Is it
> a rare drop? Is that key just for the entrance ?
> Tx for yours suggestions!

It is assembled through a quest, by obtaining the unadorned seal of
ascension and 3 gemstones. The seal is a random (WHITE) drop in LBRS,
while the 3 gemstones drop from the 3 mini-bosses in LBRS. Note that you
don't need the quest (which i THINK starts in Burning Steppes) in order
to get the items, but you need it in order to create the key from them.
Both seal and stones can drop in raid groups, so just get your mates and
do a couple of runs, making sure that a player completes the set before
the next one gets them. If you are a druid/rogue, a stealth group is the
fastest / best approach, since a group of 2 druids/2 rogues can farm
the bosses quickly, also getting nice gear and WH/SC set items in the
process.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:42:39 +0200, Stavros Christoforou
<stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Waldorf wrote:
>> Always. The same history : 10-15 horde-side players, ready for a raid
>> in Ubrs, but: /raid "we need the keyholder". "Do you have the key?"
>> "No" "We need someone with the key".
>> Now : is there any quest for that key ? Where i can find the key? Is it
>> a rare drop? Is that key just for the entrance ?
>> Tx for yours suggestions!
>
>It is assembled through a quest, by obtaining the unadorned seal of
>ascension and 3 gemstones. The seal is a random (WHITE) drop in LBRS,
>while the 3 gemstones drop from the 3 mini-bosses in LBRS. Note that you
>don't need the quest (which i THINK starts in Burning Steppes) in order
>to get the items, but you need it in order to create the key from them.

The quest starts in LBRS.
Zone in and clear the first room - go left. You should be looking at 2
groups of orcs, 1 orc + 2 wolves and 3 orcs, plus a patrol of 2 walks
by once in a while. Continue through the Z shaped tunnel. Here is
again two groups of orcs like before. Hug the left wall and you will
go up a hard to see ramp and will wind up with the guy who gives the
quest.
Note: The guy won't give you the quest before you have the Unadorned
Seal of Ascension, but the quest is sharable even if you don't (the
Unadorned Seal of Ascension is tradable too for that matter).

>Both seal and stones can drop in raid groups, so just get your mates and
>do a couple of runs, making sure that a player completes the set before
>the next one gets them.

Yup, the gems are bind on pickup, so make sure that only one person
picks them up, since having five half-keys is useless and you only
need one key per group - or even less as you can invite the keyholder,
have him open the door, and then let him leave again.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> The quest starts in LBRS.
> Zone in and clear the first room - go left. You should be looking at 2
^^^^
I'd go right for that matter, if you don't want to stand in front of the
locked UBRS door forever :)

> groups of orcs, 1 orc + 2 wolves and 3 orcs, plus a patrol of 2 walks
> by once in a while. Continue through the Z shaped tunnel. Here is
> again two groups of orcs like before. Hug the left wall and you will
> go up a hard to see ramp and will wind up with the guy who gives the
> quest.

Chris :eek:)

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:
>
>> The quest starts in LBRS.
>> Zone in and clear the first room - go left. You should be looking at 2
>
> ^^^^
> I'd go right for that matter, if you don't want to stand in front of the
> locked UBRS door forever :)

Hehe, I believe the previous poster meant to go left AFTER you turn
right for LBRS, good point though :)

>> groups of orcs, 1 orc + 2 wolves and 3 orcs, plus a patrol of 2 walks
>> by once in a while. Continue through the Z shaped tunnel. Here is
>> again two groups of orcs like before. Hug the left wall and you will
>> go up a hard to see ramp and will wind up with the guy who gives the
>> quest.
>

> Chris :eek:)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:03:19 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:
>
>> The quest starts in LBRS.
>> Zone in and clear the first room - go left. You should be looking at 2
> ^^^^
>I'd go right for that matter, if you don't want to stand in front of the
>locked UBRS door forever :)

Ooh, you are right - left is over there <- ... Heh, oops :D

Zone in and clear the first room - go RIGHT.
You should be looking at 2
>> groups of orcs, 1 orc + 2 wolves and 3 orcs, plus a patrol of 2 walks
>> by once in a while. Continue through the Z shaped tunnel. Here is
>> again two groups of orcs like before. Hug the left wall and you will

Here it really is left though - hugging the right wall drops you to
two ledges and onto the basement floor. This is the shortcut to the
lowest parts of LBRS.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Mel

Hmm.. went to LBRS , the seal droppped but no gems. 3 of us already had
the quest and one or more gems. Is this normal?

Simon Nejmann a écrit :
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:03:19 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>

>>"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:
>>

>>>The quest starts in LBRS.
>>>Zone in and clear the first room - go left. You should be looking at 2
>>
>> ^^^^
>>I'd go right for that matter, if you don't want to stand in front of the
>>locked UBRS door forever :)
>

> Ooh, you are right - left is over there <- ... Heh, oops :D
>

> Zone in and clear the first room - go RIGHT.
> You should be looking at 2
>
>>>groups of orcs, 1 orc + 2 wolves and 3 orcs, plus a patrol of 2 walks
>>>by once in a while. Continue through the Z shaped tunnel. Here is
>>>again two groups of orcs like before. Hug the left wall and you will
>

> Here it really is left though - hugging the right wall drops you to
> two ledges and onto the basement floor. This is the shortcut to the
> lowest parts of LBRS.
>

>>>go up a hard to see ramp and will wind up with the guy who gives the
>>>quest.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

the 3 gems drop from the bosses in LBRS. in a raid group, all must try
to loot the boss corpse. if only 1 doesnt it is possible, that a
dropped gem couldnt be looted by anyone. and the gems dont drop with
100% chance... so its really annoying to get the key.
Best way is to invite someone from orgrimmar that has the key, summon
him to UBRS, let him open the door and open a portal for him to go back
to orgrimmar, then u invite ur regular 15th member...
i did only 9 or 10 runs through LBRS so far (about 6 of them in 5 ppl
groups). and i saw only 1 Gem dropping... (but i got the seal /cheer).

On 2005-09-01 10:08:04 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> said:

> Hmm.. went to LBRS , the seal droppped but no gems. 3 of us already had
> the quest and one or more gems. Is this normal?

The gems are toughies. The first guild-only raid on LBRS we had all 3
gems drop in one single run, allowing us to get in UBRS right away. The
next 10 LBRS runs I've done I saw 2 gems drop in total. So you
definitely need a good deal of luck...
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Mel

Max a écrit :
> the 3 gems drop from the bosses in LBRS. in a raid group, all must try
> to loot the boss corpse. if only 1 doesnt it is possible, that a
> dropped gem couldnt be looted by anyone. and the gems dont drop with
> 100% chance... so its really annoying to get the key.
> Best way is to invite someone from orgrimmar that has the key, summon
> him to UBRS, let him open the door and open a portal for him to go back
> to orgrimmar, then u invite ur regular 15th member...
> i did only 9 or 10 runs through LBRS so far (about 6 of them in 5 ppl
> groups). and i saw only 1 Gem dropping... (but i got the seal /cheer).

I've got a pocket chaman who has a key and lets me in when needed (I
passed on two gems a couple of months ago to let him build his key :))
but I would like one for when he isn't there....

I will remember to ask everyone to loot the bosses next time I'm there,
just in case.

(I've never been to LBRS in a raid; maybe will try it next time to speed
things up...)

Mage, Kirin Tor

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:08:04 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
wrote:

>Hmm.. went to LBRS , the seal droppped but no gems. 3 of us already had
>the quest and one or more gems. Is this normal?

Well, I once helped a guy who just needed the ogre gem - so we went
in, killed the ogre, out again, reset, and so on. It took 6-8 runs to
get that gem...

So, I would say that your trip was pretty normal.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann