Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I5-2300 Temps

Last response: in CPUs
January 16, 2013 1:45:17 AM

Hey all, i would like you to give me an advice on how to lower my temps, i also know Intel is well known for being hot (65+C), and sadly i had to disable turbo boost due to excessive temps and the fact this freaking stock intel coolers aren't as good as they should be, even to hold turbo boost at reasonable temps.

Here are my system specs just in case you need them:

-Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
-CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 running @ 2.8ghz (3.1 ghz turbo)
-RAM: Kingston valueram 2x 4gb ddr3 1333
-Graphics: ASUS ENGTX460 DCU/1GB/GDDR5 (overclocked)
-PSU: Corsair Enthusiast series TX-850w (i know it's overkill)
-Case: CoolerMaster HAF922 2x one 220mm fan at the top and the led one at the front. 1x 120mm fan at the back working as an exhaust.

Last time i cleaned the pc was like 3 months ago, thermal paste is still the stock intel one and this pc was built 2 years ago. The room temps are around 19-28C since i live in a warm country.

Here are some pics of HWMonitor, RealTempGT, and CoreTemp (used those 3 just to see if it was a wrong temp reading), the pics were taken after a 10min stress test, those temps don't differ that much from the ones i get in an hour of Battlefield 3 which are just like 4-5C lower than these :

Alright, that's it, thanks in advance!!

Cheers.

More about : 2300 temps

Best solution

a c 120 à CPUs
a b å Intel
January 16, 2013 3:28:11 AM

Those are temps I'd expect to see on an overclocked unit, not stock. If your top 220mm fan is acting as an intake, reverse it that should help some. An application of new thermal paste may also help
my $0.02
January 16, 2013 4:19:22 AM

C12Friedman said:
Those are temps I'd expect to see on an overclocked unit, not stock. If your top 220mm fan is acting as an intake, reverse it that should help some. An application of new thermal paste may also help
my $0.02

Thank you for the advice, will reverse the fan. As for the paste, would you recommend any silver based generic compund or should i buy a specific brand?
m
l
Related resources
a c 120 à CPUs
a b å Intel
January 16, 2013 4:27:27 AM

For thermal compound, arctic silver 5 is popular, I've used a few different ones and am currently using Antec Formula 7 or Tuniq TX-3 but the Tuniq is discontinued. This list gives a good indication of the effectiveness of various thermal compounds (mayonnaise, mustard and toothpaste too - in case of emergency I suppose) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermal-Compound...
m
l
January 16, 2013 11:00:18 PM

Best answer selected by gorrow.
m
l
!