Was on computer screens went off then when i looked at my case the Red led cpu l

G

CPU - AMD fx8350
Motherboard - M5A99X EVO
Ram Corsair Vengeance
GPU - 2 x Gtx 550 ti
Power supply - Corsair cx600

Hey guys having issues already tried going through the steps and it's driving me crazy.

So i was on my computer and then the screens went off and when i looked at my case the red cpu led was on. I tried restarting it and then all the fans are on but the red cpu led stays on and none of my screens come on.

Things i have tried:
Redoing the front panel connections.
Trying a different cpus 8 pin connector.
Taking the cpu out cleaning it and putting it back in.
Taking the ram out.

Any other ideas on what to do?

Getting a bit desperate

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
CPU - AMD fx8350
Motherboard - M5A99X EVO
Ram Corsair Vengeance
GPU - 2 x Gtx 550 ti
Power supply - Corsair cx600

Hey guys having issues already tried going through the steps and it's driving me crazy.

So i was on my computer and then the screens went off and when i looked at my case the red cpu led was on. I tried restarting it and then all the fans are on but the red cpu led stays on and none of my screens come on.

Things i have tried:
Redoing the front panel connections.
Trying a different cpus 8 pin connector.
Taking the cpu out cleaning it and putting it back in.
Taking the ram out.

Any other ideas on what to do?

Getting a bit desperate

After doing some research on Asus, it seems people with this problem needed a BIOS update, the reason being is that your motherboard wont recognize your FX processor without it. They said they can update the BIOS for you if you RMA the board.

G

I already had it up to date before i changed the processor. It has been working since i installed it except for when the computer restarted and did the CPU LED issue.

I am thinking that the motherboard is dead because everything i have tried points to that. The motherboard appears to be the only thing stopping the computer from booting. My guess is that the Cpu connector bit has died or something. Hopefully i can get it replaced as it's still under warranty.

Do you have any more ideas on what to try? The only things i can't try is changing the cpu as i don't have another am3+ cpu anywhere.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I already had it up to date before i changed the processor. It has been working since i installed it except for when the computer restarted and did the CPU LED issue.

I am thinking that the motherboard is dead because everything i have tried points to that. The motherboard appears to be the only thing stopping the computer from booting. My guess is that the Cpu connector bit has died or something. Hopefully i can get it replaced as it's still under warranty.

Do you have any more ideas on what to try? The only things i can't try is changing the cpu as i don't have another am3+ cpu anywhere.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS ?