GTX 680 DVI-D port won't detect anything

Runealdo

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hi all

I've just bought an ASUS GTX 680 graphics card and I've been messing around with different monitor setups with it. But for some reason I cannot get the dvi-d port to detect any kind of input. I've tried with a dvi-d cable from my main lcd monitor, a vga to dvi adapter and also with an hdmi to dvi adapter (from my tv, just to see if I could get any kind of connection)

But so far I have been completely unable to get it to accept any kind of signal/monitor/screen.
The regular Dvi-I runs my regular LCD monitor perfectly although it's running through the very same dvi-d cable I've tested the other port with. And my tv runs via the hdmi port without any issues aswell if/when I plug that in.

Am I missing some sort of setting or what am I doing wrong?

Cheers! :)

Runealdo

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Still completely stuck with this issue, got no ideas left as to how I get my second monitor that only has vga to display at the same time as my lcd one.

They both work perfectly fine on their own in the DVI-I port/socket but as mentioned all my monitors and tvs will not show anything via the DVI-D.

*confused*

Temile

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Both the cables and the ports can be flaky. It sounds like the port is the obvious culprit here. I recently had to RMA an ASUS 7970 because one of the dvi ports didn't work. If you want to spend a few dollars and potentially avoid an RMA, buy a new DVI cable and try it. Its not a bad idea to have a spare around as in my experience they go bad.