Solved

CPU

Hello,
I installed a new cpu - intel i7 3770k in my computer, when i turn the computer on, i heard only 4 beeps and nothing else. The fan spins, but the monitor screen is off.
specs
gateway dx 4850z
12 Gigs of Ram
power supply 300
Nvidia video card

Pleas i need some help.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Best answer
    If that PC originally came with a Sandy Bridge processor and you are trying to use a newer Ivy Bridge processor, you more than likely will have to update your BIOS to a newer version. Do the update with the SB processor installed.
  2. Thanks alot for your reply.

I have been searching for the Bios Update. it has Acer motherboard. Originally, it has sandy Bridge I5 2300 processor. The only digits i can find in the motherboard is this MBGBL01002111081C2430B1...But i'm sure it has AMI bios..still can't find the Bios..
  3. inno99 said:
    Thanks alot for your reply.

I have been searching for the Bios Update. it has Acer motherboard. Originally, it has sandy Bridge I5 2300 processor. The only digits i can find in the motherboard is this MBGBL01002111081C2430B1...But i'm sure it has AMI bios..still can't find the Bios..

Try running CPU-Z. It will identify the BIOS name and version for you. But You'll still have to locate an update online. Check the Gateway site for the BIOS.
  4. You most likely won't be able to use the "unlocked" CPU on that board.
  5. Thanks alot man..grateful for your time....I'm searching for the Bios now
  6. If you find the motherboard your PC has, check the CPU support list as per amuffin's advice.
  7. Best answer selected by inno99.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers