Johnny_7_bravo

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hello All,

I have been blessed with a new job (teir 1 storage systems analyst started about month and a half ago), and I will be working from home ~80% of the time. So obviously I am going to build a system to my needs (and wants! :kaola:)

The job entails a lot.... A LOT.... of spreadsheets, email (Did I mention a ton of email), and a lot of remoting into dozens of company intranets. I will be in On command insight, hiCommand, brocade network advisor, etc... pretty much all at the same time. and that is just the start!

The second thing I needed to mention is that I will be also attending university. The classes entail Photoshop cs5 basics, networking, storage systems, and etc......

So here is the deal:

1.) Multiple monitors is a must (starting with 3, which I will add more as needed) (mostly for work). I have been looking at these.... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174

2.) eyefinity... I need a graphics card that I can add monitors as time goes on (and to support the 3 I will start with).

3.) Speed... I must have a kicking machine.. pretty much hate slow computers I have been eyeballing the fx-8150 and 8120.

4.) budget... budget hovers around 1600-1700 $. I Do not need a "hardcore" gamer system, but see point 5

5.) games... I want a system that will not melt If I buy crysis 3 ( If you read the article you know what I mean). Also If halo 4 comes to pc I might want to play it. and I want to play real time strategy games at the high - ultra settings.

6.) age... This system must last more than 4 years before replacement/major upgrade.

Now I really do like the prices of AMD equipment even though I have always been an intel fan.

And as far as hard drives go... I really don't want to pay the price for SSD's as they are ridiculously expensive. But the boot speed, and the other benefits of ssds are quite nice!

Cheers,
Johnny

the 670 can support 3+1 monitors. unless he is doing 6x monitors or gaming on all 3, id stick with a 670

but if you need a 7970, here you go
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150596&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Johnny_7_bravo

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Thank you all,

I will say that expanding past 4 monitors is quite a real possibility. I am not really a gaming guy, more of a work type. But if I do buy the latest and greatest... having the power and graphics couldn't' hurt. Besides, I think that it would benifit my normal business crunch.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I was interested in overclocking (never done that before). But not interested in those insane speeds (That your hardcore gamers feel the need for)

cheers,
Johnny