lphillip

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello Guys.
I got EVGA GTX 670 SLI in my new machine.
Recently i played BF 3 when suddently i noticed my fans Running at full Speed. (Changed from 60% to 100% in 1 second). I looked at my Temp monitor in the top right of the screen, and noticed that my cards have reached 101 Degrees. I quited BF3 as soon as i saw the temps and opened my Precision tool. i noticed that my fan speed was set to 30% at all time.

Since this happened i have been very scared and paranoid about my cards. Are they damaged or can they handle this big amount of heat for just a few seconds..

I hope that someone can tell me that this is Okay for a GPU like this, and that it is not damaged by any means. :(
:(

Lokordd

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
That is a bit high for a GPU, but I'm sure it is ok still. 90 under load for a GPU is pretty normal, at least on the 500 series. Have you tried doing anything since? Also I assume you have already taken the fan off manual correct? :)

They can handle that heat for a bit no problem, I used to have 2 x 4870s in crossfire and they ran in the 90s all the time and it never caused a problem (I don't recommend running that high though). You need to sort out the cooling but you will not have damaged the cards. What fans do you have on the PC? You need to improve the cooling one way of another. Until you can I suggest running just a single card.

lphillip

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Thanks for the answer!
I accidently have locked the fans at 30% speed, that was the problem. And yeah, i have played on the cards afterward, and no problems yet, so i should be worry-free ?

lphillip

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Thanks for the answer!

Im running a NZXT Phantom case with all 7 fans equipped, so cooling in my case isn't a problem. And as i mentioned, i accidently locked my cards fan speed at 30%, that is why i was worried about my cards, because they are only 1 week old, and damaging them that early would tear me apart :S