Solved

GTX 550Ti or HD 7770 or HD 6850

tomorrow i'm planning to buy a new graphics card.. i want to change my crap gEforce 210..

my choices are GTX 550Ti or HD 7770 or HD 6850 ....
but based on my reviews i thing HD 6850 is the best buy..

but one thing is bothering me..
can any of these 3 cards be compatible with my PC Specs??

MoBo: Emmaxx MCP61D3-iCafe ( http://emaxxtech.com/products.php?id=29 )
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 640 3.0gHz
Memory: 6gb DDR3 kingston 1333
PSU: CoolerMAster GX 650w
Chassis: AeroCool VS9
HDD: 500gb

HELP ME.. URGENT PLEASE.. :o THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!! :D
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 550ti 7770 6850
  1. They are all compatable with your PC's specs so dont worry about that.Out of the three the 550 Ti is the slowest and the HD 6850 is the fastest.So... if i were you i'd choose the HD 6850.If you are worried about power consumption go for the HD 7770!
    Hope i helped.
  2. Best answer
    They are all compatible with your computer - all you really need is a PCI-Express slot and a power connector.

Of course, your processor may hold back the new card sometimes, but you'll still see a large improvement in gaming performance.

And yeah the 6850 is the stronger of the three cards, though the 7770 isn't far behind. You can safely ignore the 550 Ti.
  3. Frankly if i were you i'd spend 15$ more and get either a GTX 560. (if youre gonna overclock)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127592

Or an HD 6870 (if not)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161389

They are a lot faster than the other three and only 10% pricier.
  4. yeah!! thanks a lot "Kamen_bg" and "Sakkura"!! you guys helped me!!
    i'm so excited for tomorrow.. hahaha!!
  5. one more thing... is the Power Color HD 6850 a good choice?
  6. 19nero68 said:
    one more thing... is the Power Color HD 6850 a good choice?

Depends on the price really. On Newegg there are cheaper ones, so I'd pick one of those if that's where you're buying from.
  7. Sakkura said:
    Depends on the price really. On Newegg there are cheaper ones, so I'd pick one of those if that's where you're buying from.

ok ok.. thanks a lot for the help.. =) take care.. :D
  8. Best answer selected by 19nero68.
  9. Sakkura said:
    They are all compatible with your computer - all you really need is a PCI-Express slot and a power connector.

Of course, your processor may hold back the new card sometimes, but you'll still see a large improvement in gaming performance.

And yeah the 6850 is the stronger of the three cards, though the 7770 isn't far behind. You can safely ignore the 550 Ti.

btw.. what do you mean my processor may hold back the new card sometimes??
  10. Don't worry about it your X4 3.0 Ghz is not nearly slow enough to bottleneck a 6850, it would probably bottleneck a Radeon 6970 however or higher
  11. yeah! i just bought the Sapphire HD6850..
    i saw a big improvement on my games.. on skyrim, NFS, etc.etc..

but in NBA2k12.. i encountered some slight lags while playing..
    i think it is because i only copied the NBA2k12 Folder of my friend and pasted it on my C: ... then presto! i can play NBA2k12 without installing it..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx HD Graphics Product