Trying to build a computer, are these parts good/compatible?

ComputerBeginner1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Would appreciate some feedback.

I'm trying to build a computer, which I never have done before. I tried to do some research online about parts and components, but i'm no expert whether some parts are compatible or of good quality/ value. I am not that hardcore of a gamer, but I do play sometimes, and would like the computer to be capable of handling something along the lines of Crysis.

If anyone could tell me whether these parts are compatible with each other and if its a good setup.

Here is what I came up for so far:

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

Biostar Intel LGA1155 Z77 Chipset ATX 2600MHz DDR3 Memory Motherboard (TZ77B)

SAMSUNG 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MV-3V4G3D/US

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX430)

EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2653-KR GeForce GTX 650 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Western Digital WD Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Thank You

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Intel says that the Z77 chipset will support the 3rd Gen processor you have picked. I would go with more ram. Maybe 2X8 or 4X4. This board can support up to 32 gb of ram. The video card that you have chosen comes highly recommended, you might be able to get one with a little less onboard memory and get more ram instead. Since this video card takes up TWO Slots (and for other reasons) I don't think you can use it for X-fire (hooking 2 video cards up together). If you are looking into X-fire you may want a different card, although I am not certain. The i5 3570k is a fine processor, go for a good fan if you are going to overclock it. The power supply might be a little underpowered as there is not much room for growth. Your video card requires a min power supply of 400 watts and you are just above that @ 450. If you are overclocking then you will definitely need a better supply. I recommend a 750 watt supply. When you go case shopping be sure to find a case that will fit your mother board and video card and has plenty of room for fans. Looks like you are good to go so far.

Rammy

Honorable
Everything that you have will work fine.
PSU is perfectly sufficient for that setup, though it might limit future options.

Couple of points -

If you want to overclock your CPU, you'll need a better CPU cooler than the stock one. However, your CPU is perhaps too good relative to your budget. You'd probably be better downgrading the motherboard and CPU to a i5 3450/3470 in a b75/h77. This will save you a big chunk of cash and not loose you any noticeable performance at stock speeds.

For a gaming PC, the graphics card is a little lightweight. If you followed by previous suggestion, I'd suggest plowing more money into the graphics card. For modern games at high settings at normal resolutions (a lot of variables in there) something like a 2gb HD7850 or GTX660 is a good thing to aim for.

As the previous guy mentioned, HDD might be a little small too, but that's your preference I guess.

Hazle

Distinguished
give us your budget and main intended usage. we may be able to whip up a better build for around the same price or less.

everything's compatible, though i'd ignore a biostar motherboard. never heard a lot of good about their build quality. Asrock has a bunch of Z77 boards for around $100 and less, and they're a pretty good brand. the most common complaint though is that the boards in that price range tend to flex.

ignore dragonlord's advice; 2x4gb is plenty for a simple gaming build. if you got money to burn for a better gaming performance, spend on a better gpu over more RAM.

another thing to ignore from dragonlord's advice; 430W is plenty for the GTX 650 + 3570K. even if you add another 650, the most you need for SLI is 550W. check them out yourself;

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

http://pcpartpicker.com/

note that the first site tends to over calculate the amount.

in case you haven't taken it into consideration; if you're not overclocking that CPU, grab an i5-3470 instead with an H77/B75 motherboard. an i3 + H77/B75 is also a good option if you want to spend a little more on the graphics card.

The GPU is very weak compared to the CPU.

Also, the GPU is too weak to use all of that 2 GB memory because it has low memory bandwidth.

When you don't have a decent CPU cooler, then there is no reason buying a k version of the i5-3570, because overclocking with a stock fan won't give you good results. Still if you had a good CPU cooler, it wouldn't give you any difference in terms of gaming, because the GPU is so weak.

When you don't have to use a k-version of the i5-3570, then you don't need a Z77 MOBO, because those are meant for overclocking. A B75 would be more than sufficient for your needs.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/B75M-D3H/13.html This MOBO gets 9.7 out of 10 by techpowerup

"The Gigabyte B75M-D3H impressed me like no other."

"With top-level performance, while at the same time having very reasonable power consumption, Gigabyte has really hit the mark with the B75M-D3H and made no compromises."

"If you want a stable, low-cost platform and aren't planning for any overclocks, I find it hard to even consider any other option."

Saving money upon the MOBO and the CPU, then you might have enough money to afford a GTX 660 it would prove to be a major upgrade, which still should be able to run on the PSU you chose. Though I'd recommend a 500 watt PSU to have a little headroom. The PSU should be from Corsair, Seasonic or XFX. They provide great quality and great performance.