Tranferring parts... Fatal?

k_z199

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
So I called a store to work on my parts transfer (from micro ATX to mid tower ATX case) instead of me. And they said, transferring my old rig to a new case is a 50-50 on whether it will turn on or not. :eek: Is it really that fatal transferring the parts?

k_z199

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

They are a computer store how come they don't know about a thing or two about "static" or whatsoever... :)) Oh well, thanks kyzarvs! :p :D tsk i think they should close shop :))

Just thinking... the office server here has been in three different Antec cases, my gaming box has been in 2 Antecs and a Silverstone case. Same precautions as a new-build / upgrade - static management and patience are the only requirements.

The only gotcha I'd suggest (and it's nothing like as big a problem these days) on transferring everything to a new case is to make sure the mobo-mounts all line up and you don't have any pre-installed in the case that don't line up with mounting holes. Everything else is just time and patience.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
50-50 is ridiculous. If you are competent and careful it will be 100% fine it's the same as removing all the parts for upgrade and then building a new pc.

You don't hear them saying "Yes we can build you a new PC but it's 50-50 whether it will work and we will still charge you".

k_z199

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

what do you mean by patience? is there a time frame when to disconnect wires and to disassemble everything? :) like for example I'll them not do disassemble the processor and its fan and just transfer the whole mobo to the new case :D

exactly my point. :D