Sorry, extreme5, I just realized that i should post the steps I have taken per AMD's instruction to this point.
1) Uninstalled ATI display adaptor drivers in device manager
2) Uninstalled Catalyst software
3) Used driver cleaner pro running ati ccc option
4) Updated Motherboard Chipset and BIOS from manufacture website
5) Uninstalled all Microsoft Netframeworks and C++
6) ReInstalled the Microsoft Netframeworks and Microsoft C++
7) Installed and ran Belarc Advisor
--- lost all sound
8) Control panel and select sound, the playback tab, make sure the AMD HDMI output is checked green. Then select configure and select stereo.
--- no sound still
9) Repeated steps 1-3
--- have sound but pc still freezes when rebooted with the HDMI plugged in
per the Panasonic tech, the only solution as of now is to shutdown the pc, unplug the cable, turn it on and wait for the system to boot then plug the cable back in. Obviously, this isn't really an acceptable solution.