Sign in with
Your question

Computer shuts down during Bad company 2 update

Last response: in Systems
September 2, 2012 2:20:35 AM

Corsair TX 650 PSU, AMD Athlon II, 8gigs corsair vengence ram, ASUS M4A88TDV, Radeon 5770. I've ran Bad company 2 on this before only difference now is that I bought a Samsung 830 and am using it for OS and Apps. I already checked all my PSU cables, in fact I did them and redid it to make sure. Not sure why but when I do the patch update my computer keeps shutting down.

Edit: Computer is fine and perfectly stable with Diablo III running, and I downloaded and installed Bad company 2 through origin.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 2, 2012 4:28:43 AM

huh... do the shutdowns only happen when you are updating bf2?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 2, 2012 9:54:51 PM

it sounds like the stuff trying to be updated is not compatible with your computer... try updating manually so downloading the update in a torrent and then just dragging and droppigng
m
l
September 9, 2012 7:40:17 AM

I wish I got the email for a new reply sooner...anyway as I said in the OP I've played and ran Bad company 2 on this computer before, only difference is now instead of running it out of my 500gb WD black, I'm using a 256gb Samsung 830 SSD

I just don't see how something isn't compatible.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 9, 2012 8:51:35 PM

well try it on your hdd(unless you cant) also have you tried just completely redownloading bf2

also sorry for the late reply I have highschool and well its not easy to do this and that :p 
m
l
September 9, 2012 9:42:13 PM

No I haven't tried it on my old hard drive, I have downloaded it twice

and its no problem...
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 9, 2012 11:56:37 PM

alright update when you try it on the hdd
m
l