user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

hello,
i would like to remap my ctrl+c ctrl+v keys to ctrl+k ctrl+x, because i
switched to the dvorak layout. is this somehow possible?

thanks

It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.

"l@rv@" <{}@[.]> wrote in message news:dbfsud$s88$1@serv1.iunet.it...
> hello,
> i would like to remap my ctrl+c ctrl+v keys to ctrl+k ctrl+x, because i
> switched to the dvorak layout. is this somehow possible?
>
> thanks

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

David Candy wrote:
> It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.

what?
with "keyremap" i can remap single keys, but what i would like to do is
to remap a combo (ctrl+c). i don't understand what you where trying to say.

Programs set Ctrl + C as copy. It's the program's decision. Nothing to do with windows except it's in the book programs should follow.

"l@rv@" <{}@[.]> wrote in message news:dbg86v$t73$1@serv1.iunet.it...
> David Candy wrote:
>> It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.
>>

> what?
> with "keyremap" i can remap single keys, but what i would like to do is
> to remap a combo (ctrl+c). i don't understand what you where trying to say.

This is the accelarators from notepad.

This line tells notepad to execute command #769 (obviously 769 is the copy command in notepad) when Ctrl + C is pressed.

VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

MAINACC ACCELERATORS

LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US

{

VK_N, 1, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_O, 2, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_S, 3, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_P, 6, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_INSERT, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_F1, 64, VIRTKEY

VK_F3, 22, VIRTKEY

VK_F5, 26, VIRTKEY

VK_G, 24, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_F, 21, NOINVERT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_H, 23, NOINVERT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_BACK, 16, ALT, VIRTKEY

VK_Z, 16, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_X, 768, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_V, 770, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_A, 25, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_W, 32, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

VK_B, 27, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

}

David Candy wrote:
> This is the accelarators from notepad.
>
> This line tells notepad to execute command #769 (obviously 769 is the copy command in notepad) when Ctrl + C is pressed.
>
> VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

oh right. now i understand.
so, do you think it would be possible to switch layout when i press the
control key, like on os x? so i could be in dvorak -> press control
(layout switches to qwerty) -> press "c" -> release control (layout
switches back to dvorak). am i dreaming here? :)

I tried a few things, and it's nice that I can now type again in english rather than dvorak gibberish, but they didn't work. Perhaps this program can help you.
Look at the 5th link.
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+keyboard+layout+generator&meta=