remap cut/copy/paste

hello,
i would like to remap my ctrl+c ctrl+v keys to ctrl+k ctrl+x, because i
switched to the dvorak layout. is this somehow possible?

thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about remap copy paste

    It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.

    David Candy wrote:
    > It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.

    what?
    with "keyremap" i can remap single keys, but what i would like to do is
    to remap a combo (ctrl+c). i don't understand what you where trying to say.

    Programs set Ctrl + C as copy. It's the program's decision. Nothing to do with windows except it's in the book programs should follow.

    "l@rv@" <{}@[.]> wrote in message news:dbg86v$t73$1@serv1.iunet.it...
    > David Candy wrote:
    >> It is only a convention. You would need to change every program manually. Windows files get replaced with the original if edited so windows builtin programs are difficult to change.
    >>

    > what?
    > with "keyremap" i can remap single keys, but what i would like to do is
    > to remap a combo (ctrl+c). i don't understand what you where trying to say.

    This is the accelarators from notepad.

    This line tells notepad to execute command #769 (obviously 769 is the copy command in notepad) when Ctrl + C is pressed.

    VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    MAINACC ACCELERATORS

    LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US

    {

    VK_N, 1, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_O, 2, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_S, 3, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_P, 6, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_INSERT, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_F1, 64, VIRTKEY

    VK_F3, 22, VIRTKEY

    VK_F5, 26, VIRTKEY

    VK_G, 24, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_F, 21, NOINVERT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_H, 23, NOINVERT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_BACK, 16, ALT, VIRTKEY

    VK_Z, 16, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_X, 768, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_V, 770, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_A, 25, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_W, 32, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    VK_B, 27, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    }

    David Candy wrote:
    > This is the accelarators from notepad.
    >
    > This line tells notepad to execute command #769 (obviously 769 is the copy command in notepad) when Ctrl + C is pressed.
    >
    > VK_C, 769, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

    oh right. now i understand.
    so, do you think it would be possible to switch layout when i press the
    control key, like on os x? so i could be in dvorak -> press control
    (layout switches to qwerty) -> press "c" -> release control (layout
    switches back to dvorak). am i dreaming here? :)

    I tried a few things, and it's nice that I can now type again in english rather than dvorak gibberish, but they didn't work. Perhaps this program can help you.
    Look at the 5th link.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+keyboard+layout+generator&meta=