Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming CPU AMD A8 Quad 4500M or i5 3450M

Last response: in CPUs
January 16, 2013 8:52:23 AM

Hello,
I wanna buy a gaming laptop mid range around $700, mostly gonna be used for gaming and most of the usual stuff (Office,etc) I am a Uni Student.
A-8 Quad with Radeon HD 7670M 2GB or i5 3450M with NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB which would be a better choice?

Thanks in advance for your opinion
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
January 16, 2013 8:56:16 AM

I would go with the i5 and the GeForce myself, is there a price difference in the two? Any signifigance??
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 9:06:51 AM

patrick47018 said:
I would go with the i5 and the GeForce myself, is there a price difference in the two? Any signifigance??

Ya i will save around, $150 if i go with AMD
m
l
January 16, 2013 9:09:38 AM

patrick47018 said:

I like both of um, but the i5 is just dual core while the A8 is quad, it' not like i am gonna be using the quad rite now, but it's just future proofing myself. As for i5 or A-8 or A-10 i have read a couple of reviews and the difference is not that significant. The A-8 / 10 seems superior for gaming and if i go with AMD ill save quite a lot of $$ :kaola: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
January 16, 2013 9:13:48 AM

Yeah AMD is cheaper so, you should totally go with that especially at a decent price point
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:16:27 AM

mercurial88 said:
Hello,
I wanna buy a gaming laptop mid range around $700, mostly gonna be used for gaming and most of the usual stuff (Office,etc) I am a Uni Student.
A-8 Quad with Radeon HD 7670M 2GB or i5 3450M with NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB which would be a better choice?

Thanks in advance for your opinion

there is amajor difference in both the amd and intel..............intel core i3 3220 beats the quad core or even 6 core from the amd....... i am a big AMD supporter due to their economical processor but now there is a big flaw in them even the phenom series beats the amd fx series that is nearly 4 years old............power consumption is very high...........check out this chart and decide for yourself http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o... i will advice you to get core i5 3570 that is the best gaming cpu + saves you some money.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
January 16, 2013 10:26:57 AM

I wouldn't write AMD out of the mobile market at all. In the mobile market, AMD APU offers great graphics performance with low power requirement and good price and it is "very competitive to having a lead over Intel". Paired with mid-range mobile AMD GPU in Hybrid Crossfire, it simply reign over Intel based mid-range gaming laptop for around $500-700. Although for a bit over $700, when you can start throwing in a decent Nvidia mid-range mobile GPU, an Intel + Nvidia combo is a better option.
January 16, 2013 10:38:28 AM

actually pyree could be right here my advice was based on the experience of desktop computers can't say the same about the laptop.......
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
January 16, 2013 10:56:20 AM

I think the AMD system should be more powerful.
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:57:42 AM

mohit_king said:
there is amajor difference in both the amd and intel..............intel core i3 3220 beats the quad core or even 6 core from the amd....... i am a big AMD supporter due to their economical processor but now there is a big flaw in them even the phenom series beats the amd fx series that is nearly 4 years old............power consumption is very high...........check out this chart and decide for yourself http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o... i will advice you to get core i5 3570 that is the best gaming cpu + saves you some money.

Totally agree with you there, in overall per clock cycle, i believe i3 still out performs AMD chips's, and that the power consumption is quite high. But it's not the same with the Mobile platforms (Notebook) it's quite competitive to intel not to mention it's seriously cheap. Atleast for the Notebook market i personally feel AMD should do justice. Though pls enlightened me if i am wrong :D 
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2013 11:01:15 AM

Get the AMD system. It will perform on par and is cheaper so its a no brainer here
m
l
January 16, 2013 2:28:24 PM

Best answer selected by mercurial88.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 17, 2013 12:04:37 AM

id get the one with the A8. its a quad core and has better graphics than the i5 dual core model. its just an overall better package
m
l
!