Jul 14, 2012
My specs are:
Intel q6600 @2.4ghz
8gb ddr3 kingston ram
Asrock G41m-VS3 motherboard
500gb Hdd
A shitty winpower+ 650w psu
Currently running a Zotac Geforce GT430

I've started to play Bf3, Arma 2, DayZ etc on my system and due to having to play on low settings, I have decided to upgrade my Graphics card. I have a budget of about €150 but could probably go a little higher.
Post your suggestions on graphics cards around my budget.
thanks.

drums101

Distinguished
are you able to overclock your cpu a little bit? If so that could help out big time...its a quad core cpu but a little bump in speed will help out a good amount.....as far as graphics card suggestions...where would you prefer to purchase it? (I am in the U.S. and dont really know where you are buying from) also what resolution are you looking to game at? Usually for a budget like that I recommend a 6870

liamorocks

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

I have a good zalman cooler and should be able to over clock, what Ghz would you recommend? I'm planning on ordering online so any company based in the european union (I'll have to pay alot of "duty" on an item worth 150 euro)

When you say the 6870, i'm assuming you mean the amd radeon HD 6870? I'm looking at playing the games at medium to high resolution.

Basically what i'm looking for is the best graphics card for my money.

drums101

Distinguished
yes i do mean the amd radeon 6870 they go for about $150 or 105 pounds (I put it in a dollar to pound convertor).....and if you could get it to like 3.8 or 4ghz you would be golden

drums101

Distinguished
yea the 6870 would be great it would get you good fps at high detail settings in all of the games (I have built a system with this card and tested it in bf3 played at 160x1050 with almost everything on ultra at like 50fps)....its the best bang for your buck at that price point and its even a little under your budget :)

arslan94

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
If you want a decent card for those games in a nyce budget, you should go for ATI RADEON HD 5670,1GB DDR 5 !! My brother is currently using this GPU and battlefield 3, NFS The Run and Assassin's Creed Revelations are running perfect at max resolution ...... He just have a E6550 Core2Duo 2.33 GHz !!

drums101

Distinguished
it all depends on what resolution you are playing at....the 5670 is not a powerful card it wont be able to play bf3 very well especially at higher resolutions...i couldn't recommend that card for any gaming