Sign in with
Your question

Updated Realtek Audio Driver, "No audio output device installed"

Last response: in Components
January 16, 2013 10:18:46 AM

Hello,

I'm running on Windows 7 x64, on a Dell Studio XPS 435t 9000.
I tried to update my drivers and such through the Dell website, but when I tried to update my audio drivers, it disabled it instead.
It was stated that the installation was a 2-part installation, with the first being an uninstallation and a reboot, and the second being a reinstallation and a reboot. After rebooting twice, I'm stilling getting a cross beside my volume control saying that there is no audio output device installed. I tried updating the driver from the Realtek website itself, I tried disabling and re-enabling the driver through the device manager, but nothing happens.

Help and thanks in advance!
January 16, 2013 10:22:36 AM

Go to taskbar. Right Click Volume Icon. Playback Devices. Then Right Click the Backround Under Speakers, Headphones, etc. And Click show disabled devices. If it was disabled, you can enable it now
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:30:02 AM

patrick47018 said:
Go to taskbar. Right Click Volume Icon. Playback Devices. Then Right Click the Backround Under Speakers, Headphones, etc. And Click show disabled devices. If it was disabled, you can enable it now

Show disabled devices is already checked. It's acting as though I only went through part one of the installation and not part two. I tried re-installing it but no matter how many re-boots I go through it refuses to install correctly.
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 10:30:55 AM

can you find and revert to the previous driver, or did it not work to begin with?
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:43:32 AM

If not then contact Dell, they are usually pretty helpful people
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:47:08 AM

patrick47018 said:
can you find and revert to the previous driver, or did it not work to begin with?

It worked fine before I tried to update it.

How do I revert it, if so?
m
l
!