Exp bar with Discord Action Buttons

Hi

As I have been running low on buttons for all the things I need to do I
installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Very easy to install despite
the first look which was a bit intimidating. Once I gave some thought to how
I wanted my buttons organised I had the interface defined in less than half
an hour. And it's quite playable, too.

However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
replacement? I don't need textual details (I think I saw something like that
for the tintan bar) as I already have that on Telo's info bar. I am really
looking for something graphical - the original bar would do nicely.

Thanks for any help
Urbin

ps. is there a way to list the installed addons in game? (i.e. after
entering the world)?

--
Urbin (51), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

Urbin wrote:
> Hi
>
> As I have been running low on buttons for all the things I need to do I
> installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Very easy to install despite
> the first look which was a bit intimidating. Once I gave some thought to how
> I wanted my buttons organised I had the interface defined in less than half
> an hour. And it's quite playable, too.
>
> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
> way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
> replacement? I don't need textual details (I think I saw something like that
> for the tintan bar) as I already have that on Telo's info bar. I am really
> looking for something graphical - the original bar would do nicely.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Urbin
>
> ps. is there a way to list the installed addons in game? (i.e. after
> entering the world)?

I have recently added a nice one - it's called LAX and is an enhanced
version of AvgXp (or something like that). It does store and display
extra info like the average xp gained from killing the targetted mob
and how many kills required to level but I'm fairly sure that it can
all be turned off. With all the text options turned off it would be a
very plain bar with two coloured sections - blue for current xp and
green to indicate how much rest xp is left. You can turn the rest xp
indicator off if you don't want it.

steve.kaye

damon

Urbin wrote:

> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
> way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
> replacement? I don't need textual details (I think I saw something like that
> for the tintan bar) as I already have that on Telo's info bar. I am really
> looking for something graphical - the original bar would do nicely.

Are you sure it has gone completely, I have an add on which puts it
under my Mana/HP bar.

I prefer the full width one but what can i do?

Damon

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Urbin wrote:
> Hi
>
> As I have been running low on buttons for all the things I need to do
> I installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Very easy to install
> despite the first look which was a bit intimidating. Once I gave some
> thought to how I wanted my buttons organised I had the interface
> defined in less than half an hour. And it's quite playable, too.
>
> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is
> there any way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a
> similarly looking replacement? I don't need textual details (I think
> I saw something like that for the tintan bar) as I already have that
> on Telo's info bar. I am really looking for something graphical - the
> original bar would do nicely.

I installed Titan Panel when I started using Discord Action Bars. Haven't
missed the XP bar since.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=860

desktop at home dot se

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:04:45 +0000 (UTC), Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu>
wrote:

>I installed Discord Action Buttons last night.

>However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone.

Going by this image:
http://www.discordmods.com/DiscordActionBars/Screenshots/dab1.jpg
The addon comes with an XP bar - look at the bottom of the image. Try
to go over the addon options to see if you can't enable it?

Otherwise try http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1011 - it
looks suspiciously like the one in the above picture...

>ps. is there a way to list the installed addons in game? (i.e. after
>entering the world)?

Not that I know of...

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

In article <slrndh87t1.cfk.urbin@stinky.trash.net>, Urbin
<urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
> way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
> replacement?

Check out ExpPlayerFrame, which adds the exp in the bar behind your
name in your character's frame... nice use of space. It clearly shows
rested xp, and also %. It's excellent for that quick visual check.

___
Neil
aka HighVis

Urbin wrote:
> Hi
>
> As I have been running low on buttons for all the things I need to do I
> installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Very easy to install despite
> the first look which was a bit intimidating. Once I gave some thought to how
> I wanted my buttons organised I had the interface defined in less than half
> an hour. And it's quite playable, too.
>
> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
> way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
> replacement? I don't need textual details (I think I saw something like that
> for the tintan bar) as I already have that on Telo's info bar. I am really
> looking for something graphical - the original bar would do nicely.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Urbin
>
> ps. is there a way to list the installed addons in game? (i.e. after
> entering the world)?

I love DAB. I got a mod that puts the XP bar in the title bar of your
portrait (the player unit). can't recall the name though

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:04:45 GMT, Urbin posted to alt.games.warcraft:

> However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is
> there any way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a
> similarly looking replacement?

I use Nox Information Bar (Redux) for a nice experience bar. It's kinda
like Titan Panel in that there is a bunch of information you can place on
the bar, but I forgo most of that and just use it for an XP bar. Works very
well, and very customizable.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1388

--
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:04:45 +0000 (UTC), Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

> I installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Since I installed to
> addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any way to bring it back or at
> least anohter addon that does a similarly looking replacement?

Thanks to all of you suggesting other solutions. So far I have had a look at
the AvgXP / LAX addons. However, considering it doesn't look nearly as nice
as the original XP bar and I am not really interested in the statistical
info, I just want a graphical bar it did not win my heart :)

I will have a look at ExpPlayerFram and Nox Info Bar tonight
(www.curse-gaming.com was down last night) and see if I like these better.

Cheers
Urbin

--
Urbin (52), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:34:06 +0100, Neil Jones wrote:
> In article <slrndh87t1.cfk.urbin@stinky.trash.net>, Urbin wrote
> >
> > However, since I installed to addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any
> > way to bring it back or at least anohter addon that does a similarly looking
> > replacement?
>
> Check out ExpPlayerFrame, which adds the exp in the bar behind your
> name in your character's frame... nice use of space. It clearly shows
> rested xp, and also %. It's excellent for that quick visual check.

Cool. Installed it last night and it looks great. Neat, small, has all the
information I need/want. Now if only I could changes the colour of the
rested-xp bar :) Tried some editing in the .lua file but with no effect,
one of these days I need to learn on how to do this properly...

Cheers
Urbin

--
Gorosh (5), Tauren Druid (PvP) @sunstrider.en

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:18:22 +0000 (UTC), Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:04:45 +0000 (UTC), Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
>
> > I installed Discord Action Buttons last night. Since I installed to
> > addon, my experience bar is gone. Is there any way to bring it back or at
> > least anohter addon that does a similarly looking replacement?
>
> Thanks to all of you suggesting other solutions. So far I have had a look at
> the AvgXP / LAX addons. However, considering it doesn't look nearly as nice
> as the original XP bar and I am not really interested in the statistical
> info, I just want a graphical bar it did not win my heart :)
>
> I will have a look at ExpPlayerFram and Nox Info Bar tonight
> (www.curse-gaming.com was down last night) and see if I like these better.

ExpPlayerFrame is a pretty good solution for me. Thanks again for the hint.

Cheers
Urbin

--
Urbin (52), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gorosh (5), Tauren Druid (PvP) @sunstrider.en

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

i checked ALL bar mods i found on www.curse-gaming.com and
ui.worldofwar.com (or how its called). and the best (for me) was
bibtoolbars (there is no extra link so u need to download the whole BIB
UI extract and only copy bibtoolbars and the main addon to ur addon
folder). its VERY easy to install. Now i have 36 buttons on right side
(where the ones of original interface were) and 48 bars at bottom (and
bags and the options bar).