Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC suite, setting sync priorities?

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 10:08:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6600. I've noticed that if I use PC Suite to sync
contacts, the phone's contact list always takes precedence over the one
in Outlook. In other words, if I delete a contact from the phone and
then sync, that contact is also deleted from outlook. The extreme of
this situation happened to me the other day. While troubleshooting a
particular application, I needed to reformat my phone. I thought that I
could simply sync and get all my contacts back from the PC. I was quite
surprised to say the least to find that instead, all the contacts on the
PC were deleted to match the empty contact list of the phone. Thank GOD
I had backups.

At any rate, is there any way to reverse this behavior, and give the
contacts in Outlook priority?

Thanks
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:29:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bb135e227ba3693989693@news.giganews.com>...

> I have a Nokia 6600. I've noticed that if I use PC Suite to sync
> contacts, the phone's contact list always takes precedence over the one
> in Outlook. In other words, if I delete a contact from the phone and
> then sync, that contact is also deleted from outlook. The extreme of
> this situation happened to me the other day. While troubleshooting a
> particular application, I needed to reformat my phone. I thought that I
> could simply sync and get all my contacts back from the PC. I was quite
> surprised to say the least to find that instead, all the contacts on the
> PC were deleted to match the empty contact list of the phone. Thank GOD
> I had backups.
>
> At any rate, is there any way to reverse this behavior, and give the
> contacts in Outlook priority?

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
OS phones (http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). With our program you can
choose which data you wish to save locally on disk, leave on disk in
program interface only, which contacts to upload to the phone and
export to Microsoft Outlook.

You can download the latest trial here:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
program, feel free to post them on our official forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:04:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

The 6600 version of PC Suite has lots more configuration options compared
with earlier versions I have used. For contacts, you can specify: Device
overwrites PC or PC overwrites device. You can also select the direction
for synchronization: Update in both directions, Only copy PC entries to
device or Only copy device entries to PC.


"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
news:68c0a433.0409152329.71fd0e00@posting.google.com...
> Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:<MPG.1bb135e227ba3693989693@news.giganews.com>...
>
> > I have a Nokia 6600. I've noticed that if I use PC Suite to sync
> > contacts, the phone's contact list always takes precedence over the one
> > in Outlook. In other words, if I delete a contact from the phone and
> > then sync, that contact is also deleted from outlook. The extreme of
> > this situation happened to me the other day. While troubleshooting a
> > particular application, I needed to reformat my phone. I thought that I
> > could simply sync and get all my contacts back from the PC. I was quite
> > surprised to say the least to find that instead, all the contacts on the
> > PC were deleted to match the empty contact list of the phone. Thank GOD
> > I had backups.
> >
> > At any rate, is there any way to reverse this behavior, and give the
> > contacts in Outlook priority?
>
> We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
> OS phones (http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). With our program you can
> choose which data you wish to save locally on disk, leave on disk in
> program interface only, which contacts to upload to the phone and
> export to Microsoft Outlook.
>
> You can download the latest trial here:
> http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip
>
> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> support@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
> http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:50:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<41499ffc$1@news.starhub.net.sg>...

Thank you for your reply!

Our program enables to manage not only all contacts, but you can
operate with groups of selected contacts. I.e., you can select part of
contacts, which shouls stay locally on disk, you can save selected
group of contacts or transfer only selected contacts to the phone.

You can perform all of these operations in convenient and
multi-functional interface with quick access to main buttons and
functions.


> The 6600 version of PC Suite has lots more configuration options compared
> with earlier versions I have used. For contacts, you can specify: Device
> overwrites PC or PC overwrites device. You can also select the direction
> for synchronization: Update in both directions, Only copy PC entries to
> device or Only copy device entries to PC.
>
>
> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> news:68c0a433.0409152329.71fd0e00@posting.google.com...
> > Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:<MPG.1bb135e227ba3693989693@news.giganews.com>...
> >
> > > I have a Nokia 6600. I've noticed that if I use PC Suite to sync
> > > contacts, the phone's contact list always takes precedence over the one
> > > in Outlook. In other words, if I delete a contact from the phone and
> > > then sync, that contact is also deleted from outlook. The extreme of
> > > this situation happened to me the other day. While troubleshooting a
> > > particular application, I needed to reformat my phone. I thought that I
> > > could simply sync and get all my contacts back from the PC. I was quite
> > > surprised to say the least to find that instead, all the contacts on the
> > > PC were deleted to match the empty contact list of the phone. Thank GOD
> > > I had backups.
> > >
> > > At any rate, is there any way to reverse this behavior, and give the
> > > contacts in Outlook priority?
> >
> > We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
> > OS phones (http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). With our program you can
> > choose which data you wish to save locally on disk, leave on disk in
> > program interface only, which contacts to upload to the phone and
> > export to Microsoft Outlook.
> >
> > You can download the latest trial here:
> > http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip
> >

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
program, feel free to post them on our official forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
!