best performance

Hi,

has anyone know of a good microsft artical
about tune xp for best performace??

then'x

Hi

That's a rather wide area. What, if any problems have you got with XP?
Perhaps you could detail where you think that the performance of your PC
needs increasing - realising the best performance?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> has anyone know of a good microsft artical
> about tune xp for best performace??
>
> then'x

Sam

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> That's a rather wide area. What, if any problems have you got with XP?
> Perhaps you could detail where you think that the performance of your PC
> needs increasing - realising the best performance?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anyone know of a good microsft artical
> > about tune xp for best performace??
> >
> > then'x

i have to make a master image of windows xp for 3000
workstations ,
with vert low hardware :
PIII 128 mb memory.
i have to get the best performance out of it.

>i have to make a master image of windows xp for 3000
> workstations ,
> with vert low hardware :
> PIII 128 mb memory.
> i have to get the best performance out of it.

If these 3000 users do anything more than play solitaire on their
computers, you will never get anything approaching decent
performance no matter what you do. 128MB of RAM just isn't
enough.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> Hi
>>
>> That's a rather wide area. What, if any problems have you got
>> with XP? Perhaps you could detail where you think that the
>> performance of your PC needs increasing - realising the best
>> performance?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> has anyone know of a good microsft artical
>>> about tune xp for best performace??
>>>
>>> then'x

"yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com> wrote in message
>i have to make a master image of windows xp for 3000
> workstations ,
> with vert low hardware :
> PIII 128 mb memory.
> i have to get the best performance out of it.

Disable all services not explicitly needed in your setup.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22windows+xp%22+services+%22not+need
ed%22

Disable system restore, and set the "Adjust for best performance" in
System Properties (you might want to enable the "Show window contents
while dragging" for better visibility).

/klaus

Try this:

http://kadaitcha.cx/performance.html

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:12:13 +0200, "yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com>
wrote:

>i have to make a master image of windows xp for 3000
>workstations ,
>with vert low hardware :
> PIII 128 mb memory.
>i have to get the best performance out of it.
>

>"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> That's a rather wide area. What, if any problems have you got with XP?
>> Perhaps you could detail where you think that the performance of your PC
>> needs increasing - realising the best performance?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> has anyone know of a good microsft artical
>>> about tune xp for best performace??
>>>
>>> then'x

Hi

"I am running Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP and the number of
services I disabled on my non-networked home PC is amazing. "

Disabling some of those Services will cause havoc with a system. Disabling
some will also mean no Internet connection - take no notice of that
advice!!!!

--

<hluijmes@wxs.nl> wrote in message
> Try this:
>
> http://kadaitcha.cx/performance.html
>
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:12:13 +0200, "yuvalbd" <yuvalbd@walla.com>
> wrote:
>
>>i have to make a master image of windows xp for 3000
>>workstations ,
>>with vert low hardware :
>> PIII 128 mb memory.
>>i have to get the best performance out of it.
>>

>>"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> That's a rather wide area. What, if any problems have you got with XP?
>>> Perhaps you could detail where you think that the performance of your PC
>>> needs increasing - realising the best performance?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups