Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LCD Port Broken

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 14, 2012 7:01:45 PM

I have a problem with my Nvidia card. The problem is that my Nvidia's LCD port is broken and I would like to know if there is any possible way to actually fix it. Thx for reading my problem and I hope you can help :) 

More about : lcd port broken

July 15, 2012 2:45:38 AM

Just adding a bit more to this clarify this do I need to add System Specs, and The tech guy I showed it too said it wouldn't work, but only the LCD part is broken on my Graphics card, it was very expensive so I really don't wanna buy another one.
m
l
July 15, 2012 2:57:20 AM

LCD is a type of display screen, it is not a port. Are you saying one of your video card outputs is damaged/broken?

here is an example of what some of the outputs on a video card are and look like
m
l
Related resources
July 15, 2012 2:57:49 AM

If it's under the manufacture's warranty, contact them. After that, the tech is correct. Only way to fix a broken port on a graphics card is to replace it.
m
l
July 15, 2012 3:04:43 AM

yeaaa LCD is a screen display format not a output. If LCD you mean VGA/DVI/HDMI, more details.
m
l
July 15, 2012 6:35:28 PM

Ok well thanks for telling me I figured out it's the DVI from looking at flank21's answer, only one more question where do I buy another port and how do I install it?
m
l
July 15, 2012 9:42:37 PM

blackcloud360 said:
Ok well thanks for telling me I figured out it's the DVI from looking at flank21's answer, only one more question where do I buy another port and how do I install it?

you can't buy another port, the outputs that come with the video card are the ones that you're stuck with. If one of your outputs is damaged you best bet is to try to utilize a different output or buy a new video card. If you don't play any demanding games you could get a basic video card for like ~$40 maybe even less.
m
l
July 16, 2012 2:44:29 AM

Ok one question how would I exactly utilize another output, and I play games like Arma 2. Which I can't play right now because I of my graphics card.
m
l
July 16, 2012 2:55:30 AM

blackcloud360 said:
Ok one question how would I exactly utilize another output, and I play games like Arma 2. Which I can't play right now because I of my graphics card.

it depends on what other outputs you video card has, usually they'll also have the vga (blue) output. Do you know who the manufacturer of the video card is? I know EVGA and I think some other companies offer lifetime warranties, you could rma it.
m
l
July 16, 2012 7:48:13 AM

Ok I couldn't get a pic but this might help out my question It's an ASUS Ranger 200 Rev: 1.01
m
l

Best solution

July 16, 2012 3:56:53 PM

it looks like you have a dvi, hdmi and svideo output. you could simply get a hdmi to dvi cable like this http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HDMI-Cable-6ft-Male-Male/dp/B...

But what is the reason that you think the dvi output is broken? is it physically damaged or does it not display a picture?
the reason I ask is that your video card might be dead, and I would suggest before you order anything, hook your computer up to a tv via hdmi if possible. That way if it works you can confirm your dvi output is no longer working and the hdmi output is good.
July 16, 2012 9:20:46 PM

Best answer selected by blackcloud360.
m
l
July 16, 2012 9:20:49 PM

Ok thx I honestly can't hook my computer up to my tv because there kinda far apart but I'll try to get one from a store if it doesn't work out I can just return it and know that my graphics card is dead. ~flank21 Best Answers
m
l
!