Case with PSU top vs bottom

ashharun

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hi all :D
I use old case that i bought from 2008. It have PSU on top of the case with intake fans are 2x80mm fan at front of the case.
Nowadays many PC cases place PSU at bottom. Should it give better airflow or any advantage than case that place PSU on the top? I personally think PSU on bottom will make the air flow heater because the PSU produce heat and not have proper air flow because the intake fan is located at the bottom of the case. So, any opinions?

The main advantage of bottom mounted PSU's are that you can have your case neater with all your cables reaching their destinations easier, and it being at bottom shouldn't cause any issues with heat, just make sure your case has good airflow as you normally should

G

actually its for the PSU to keep it cooler on the bottom; the intake fan can pull in the heat from the case when its mounted on the top. either way the PSU exhaust is directed outside the case and won't affect whats inside.

my case has a top mounted PSU but i am not hurry to replace it. i keep the sides off anyhow.

G

i have no side fans, i keep the side off completely. and no it doesn't lower temps, i keep them off because i am always sticking my hands in there moving stuff.