Is this a good gaming rig for 1800?

*BASE_PRICE:[+1529]

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:Cooler Master HAF-X Gaming Full Tower Case w/ 1x230mm Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port [+34]

CASUPGRADE:None

CD:LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+43]

FLASHMEDIA:None

GLASSES:None

HDD:120 GB SanDisk Ultra SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 280MB/s Read & 270MB/s Write [+0] (Single Drive)

HDD2:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+99] (Single Drive)

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MEMORY:16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR:None

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* (4-Way SLI Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 3D UEFI Bios, Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI

MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply [+49]

RUSH:RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS [+49]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TEMP:None

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:None

_PRICE:(+1850)

_view_:{562A407E-0B57-4CD1-BBA3-C1621E4A66C7}

_load_:9/1/2012 9:41:17 PM

I know the i7 is overkill but I am doing video editing aswell as streaming so that is why I have an i7. I also realize the 4 way SLI MOBO is probably overkill aswell but that's what the pc comes with in its original build and all the other motherboards that are available for this build are more expensive. I am all for saving money so if you think you could make any tweaks to the build for saving more money because I also have to buy a monitor which is an extra 200. :)
32 answers Last reply
More about good gaming 1800
  1. Sorry not building it myself.
  2. cole156 said:
    Sorry not building it myself.

Why not? its extremely easy, even a retarded person can do it, check out the first thread of my signature, there is a VERY detailed video guide on how to build a PC.... there is another illustrated guide on how to build a PC on my signature.
  3. Ewww... hell no, its definitely not overkill but unbalanced, check out my signature builds, there is a large amount of ccomputers you can choose from.
  4. Um care to elaborate as to how its unbalanced? I am gettingn the pc from cyberpower, I am not going to order the parts individually and build it or have it built for me somehow.
  5. idroid said:
    Why not? its extremely easy, even a retarded person can do it, check out the first thread of my signature, there is a VERY detailed video guide on how to build a PC.... there is another illustrated guide on how to build a PC on my signature.

Because I don't want to *** something up. Even if there is an in depth guide, I am not great with that stuff and I don't want to take a chance in ordering all those parts and accidently breaking something. If I wanted to build my own I wouldn't be posting in the "cyberpower" part of the forum.
  6. cole156 said:
    Because I don't want to *** something up. Even if there is an in depth guide, I am not great with that stuff and I don't want to take a chance in ordering all those parts and accidently breaking something. If I wanted to build my own I wouldn't be posting in the "cyberpower" part of the forum.

you dont have to sh!t something up.... building a PC is extremely easy and if you want the best bang for your buck you're gonna have to build it yourself or atleast order the parts and pay someone at a local hardware store to build it for ya for 50$.

AT LEAST take a look at the guides before you let your closed-square shaped mind take any decisions....
  7. buy this:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 90.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($58.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($88.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($279.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Phantom (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($95.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($111.71 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Wired Gaming Keyboard ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Mouse: Logitech G9x Wired Laser Mouse ($62.53 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1803.10

if you need the OS let me know.
  8. idroid said:
    buy this:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($88.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Wired Gaming Keyboard ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Mouse: Logitech G9x Wired Laser Mouse ($62.53 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1803.10

if you need the OS let me know.

Why do you keep telling me to buy parts individually when I clearly don't want to? If your not going to tell me what I can do to tweak my build on CYBERPOWER to make it better or cheaper then stop posting on this thread. Its pointless.
  9. cole156 said:
    Um care to elaborate as to how its unbalanced? I am gettingn the pc from cyberpower, I am not going to order the parts individually and build it or have it built for me somehow.

Where do i start???

*if you're gonna get a X79 motherboard get a 3930k or a 3960x, getting a 3820 is like getting a Lamborghini with a 84 corolla wheels.

*there are far better options than that sandisk drive.

*that motherboard is overpriced.

*a 1000w psu is not needed until you get a 3way CF/SLI setup and coolermaster PSUs are garbage.

*go here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum1.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=prive&page=1
  10. idroid said:
    Where do i start???

*if you're gonna get a X79 motherboard get a 3930k or a 3960x, getting a 3820 is like getting a Lamborghini with a 84 corolla wheels.

*there are far better options than that sandisk drive.

*that motherboard is overpriced.

*a 1000w psu is not needed until you get a 3way CF/SLI setup and coolermaster PSUs are garbage.

*go here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum1.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=prive&page=1

I realize there are better options then that SSD but it was a free 120GB Sandisk SSD so why not? I am getting a 1000W PSU because if I ever do have a SLI setup, I will have the power for it and I have heard the opposite about coolermaster. As for the MOBO, the other ones available are more expensive so why not stick with this one?
  11. cole156 said:
    Why do you keep telling me to buy parts individually when I clearly don't want to? If your not going to tell me what I can do to tweak my build on CYBERPOWER to make it better or cheaper then stop posting on this thread. Its pointless.

Because i am trying to help you....

people say a that an image is worth 1000 words so i am gonna try to explain this with a 24 images per second video clip: WATCH

you're making the wrong decision, buddy... if you're 100% that you don't have the skill needed to build a PC (which even a retarded has them) don't overpay!!! buy the parts i linked and ask someone to build it for you (50$ @ any hardware store)
  12. cole156 said:
    I realize there are better options then that SSD but it was a free 120GB Sandisk SSD so why not? I am getting a 1000W PSU because if I ever do have a SLI setup, I will have the power for it and I have heard the opposite about coolermaster. As for the MOBO, the other ones available are more expensive so why not stick with this one?

*hahahahahahaha Free SSD?? buddy....come on!! NOTHING in this life is free, that's a simple marketing strategy to attract you (trust me, i am business man, i do the same)

*that 1000w PSU is GARBAGE...coolermaster PSUs SUCK, i don't where you read they were good but whoever told you that its an idiot (watch the video i linked above)

*get a Z77 based PC.... unless you're gonna get a 3930k or a 3960x there is no point in getting a X79 platform
  13. cole156 said:
    Well I was going to get it built at frys but they didn't have all the parts I needed and I am not sure if they build computers if the parts are not from there store.

uuh... couldn't you ask?????
  14. idroid said:
    Because i am trying to help you....

people say a that an image is worth 1000 words so i am gonna try to explain this with a 24 images per second video clip: WATCH

you're making the wrong decision, buddy... if you're 100% that you don't have the skill needed to build a PC (which even a retarded has them) don't overpay!!! buy the parts i linked and ask someone to build it for you (50$ @ any hardware store)

Well I was going to get it built at frys but they didn't have all the parts I needed and I am not sure if they build computers if the parts are not from there store.
  15. idroid said:
    *hahahahahahaha Free SSD?? buddy....come on!! NOTHING in this life is free, that's a simple marketing strategy to attract you (trust me, i am business man, i do the same)

*that 1000w PSU is GARBAGE...coolermaster PSUs SUCK, i don't where you read they were good but whoever told you that its an idiot (watch the video i linked above)

*get a Z77 based PC.... unless you're gonna get a 3930k or a 3960x there is no point in getting a X79 platform

Okay well since your the expert here which companies would you recommend for a power supply?
  16. cole156 said:
    Okay well since your the expert here which companies would you recommend for a power supply?

Antec, Enermax, corsair, PC Power&cooling, Seasonic, XFX, NZXT, Silverstone, rosewill (HIVE AND CAPSTONE SERIES ONLY) and kingwin
  17. idroid said:
    Antec, Enermax, corsair, PC Power&cooling, Seasonic, XFX, NZXT, Silverstone, rosewill (HIVE AND CAPSTONE SERIES ONLY) and kingwin

Okay. Well I have a build figured out over at frys that they can build for me. Tell me if the specs are "garbage" or not.

SSD - Corsair Force Series 120GB

HDD - 1TB

Case - Cooler Master Storm Trooper

CPU - Intel i7 3770k

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Cooler - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler

Power Supply - Corsair 850W

Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16GB

GPU - EVGA GTX 670

All that not including a monitor and operating system is around 1700 and with those two items is 1934$. Plus the extra fee to build the computer which is around 70 bucks at frys.
  18. cole156 said:
    Okay. Well I have a build figured out over at frys that they can build for me. Tell me if the specs are "garbage" or not.

SSD - Corsair Force Series 120GB

HDD - 1TB

Case - Cooler Master Storm Trooper

CPU - Intel i7 3770k

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Cooler - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler

Power Supply - Corsair 850W

Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16GB

GPU - EVGA GTX 670

All that not including a monitor and operating system is around 1700 and with those two items is 1934$. Plus the extra fee to build the computer which is around 70 bucks at frys.

Go here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum1.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=prive&page=1

*Corsair SSDs are not very good, stick with a Vertex 4, samsung 830 or plextor M3/M5 pro.

*The storm trooper is an excellent case but a bit to expensive for this price range, get a Phantom, a phantom 410, a carbide 500r or a Fractal design R4

*if you're only going to use this PC for gaming then there is ABSOLUTELY no point in getting an i7, an i5 3570k will offer you the same (sometimes more if the i7 has the HT enabled) performance in games.

*that motherboard is overkill and its not worth it, get a P8Z77V-LK, Z77 Extreme 4, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H or a
    GA-Z77X-UD3H

*if you're gonna get a closed watercooler then get a H100 with some high quality fans or a thermaltake water 2.0 extreme... if not, get a HAVIK 120/140 CPU cooler.

*850w is too much power, even for dual GTX670s.

*get a 7970Ghz, it performs better than the GTX670 and cost the same:

19. idroid said:
    Go here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum1.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=prive&page=1

*Corsair SSDs are not very good, stick with a Vertex 4, samsung 830 or plextor M3/M5 pro.

*The storm trooper is an excellent case but a bit to expensive for this price range, get a Phantom, a phantom 410, a carbide 500r or a Fractal design R4

*if you're only going to use this PC for gaming then there is ABSOLUTELY no point in getting an i7, an i5 3570k will offer you the same (sometimes more if the i7 has the HT enabled) performance in games.

*that motherboard is overkill and its not worth it, get a P8Z77V-LK, Z77 Extreme 4, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H or a
    GA-Z77X-UD3H

*if you're gonna get a closed watercooler then get a H100 with some high quality fans or a thermaltake water 2.0 extreme... if not, get a HAVIK 120/140 CPU cooler.

*850w is too much power, even for dual GTX670s.

*get a 7970Ghz, it performs better than the GTX670 and cost the same:

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/images/bf3_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/images/crysis2_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/images/metro_2033_1920_1200.gif

None of those motherboards were available at the frys in my area. One of them was but it was like 370 dollars. The 670 is extremely cheap at frys at 375 dollars and the 7970's are about 430. As for the CPU, I am doing video editing and streaming so that is why I have that. But I did add a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD and the H100 CPU Cooler. They also currently do not have any Phantom's available at the store in my area.
  20. cole156 said:
    None of those motherboards were available at the frys in my area. One of them was but it was like 370 dollars. The 670 is extremely cheap at frys at 375 dollars and the 7970's are about 430. As for the CPU, I am doing video editing and streaming so that is why I have that. But I did add a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD and the H100 CPU Cooler.

Well frys isn't the only place where you can buy your stuff, to be safe.. go to a Compusa/Bestbuy/Office Depot/Radioshack/Microcenter or somewhere like that and ask if someone can build your PC, but your must be clear with what want, say "hey, excuse me... i was wondering if there was someone available that could build a PC for me with some parts i bought" or something like that.... and they will tell you "sure, for ~50$" and you say "ok, i will bring them tomorrow"
  21. Sorry if am being an ass but its for own good... i don't think you want to overspend money on a unbalanced PC from cyberpower... order the parts that i linked you and ask for help... or even better: build it yourself
  22. cole156 said:
    None of those motherboards were available at the frys in my area. One of them was but it was like 370 dollars. The 670 is extremely cheap at frys at 375 dollars and the 7970's are about 430. As for the CPU, I am doing video editing and streaming so that is why I have that. But I did add a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD and the H100 CPU Cooler. They also currently do not have any Phantom's available at the store in my area.

Frys overprices their CPU/motherboards but has good deals in GPUs. MIcrocenter has really good deals on CPUs/mobos but has really bad deals on GPUs. My friend once tried to build a HTPC with an i3+GT 430. Came in about $600 when I could get the same thing for $300. Also, tax will bring your budget down quite a bit.
  23. Okay so i called frys today and they told me they will build the PC no matter where the parts came from as long as all the parts are there. So I am getting it all from newegg, here is the build...

CPU: I7 3770k

GPU: EVGA GTX 670

PSU: Corsair 850W (I know alot of power)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH3

Liquid Cooler: Corsair H100

SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128GB

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (White)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Without the monitor, grand total including shipping and tax is 1,679.41 and with the monitor it is 1,891.18.
  24. Are you sure you want a full tower? Its pretty big.
    Take a look at mid tower cases as well. You're using an atx mobo, it should be sufficient. (~30)
    If gaming is your primary objective, then you don't need an ivy bridge. You can get a sandy bridge and save the money. (~100)
    The cooler seems like overkill, you can get a Noctua NH-D14 for much less. (~30)
    RAM wise, 16 GB is more than you'll need, infact 8GB is more than sufficient. (~80)

Your total savings with this is = ~240 bucks.
    You can get 2 x HD7870 in Crossfire mode, and still have money left to buy an extra monitor.
  25. here, buy this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gpvl

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($297.86 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1632.33

*Extremely powerful for 1080p/2560x1600 gaming, it can even play games with decent settings @5760x1080 without any problem.
    *Faster SSD with higher capacity than the other SSDs previously listed.
    *you can add a second 8GB ram kit whenever you want.
    *Perfect for recording your game-play and heavy video editing.

this build would DESTROY the one you just listed.

Edit: i recommend you this monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-ve247h
  26. I got this PC from Cyberpower for £1813.92 (GBP). You tell me that this isnt "Bang for Buck" with someone building it for me! :P. Processor is going to be overclocked to around 4.5 GHz and the Gfx card come factory OCd.

CAS: Corsair Carbide Series 500R White Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour)

CPU: Intel? Core™ Quad Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics

FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator

HDD: 240 GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk

HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (4x4GB) PC16000 DDR3/2133mhz Dual Channel Memory

MOTHERBOARD: Asus Sabertooth Intel Z77 Chipset, CrossFire / SLI supported, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, Lucid Virtu MVP, TUF Thermal Armor, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1

NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs

POWERSUPPLY: Corsair 750 Watts CX750 Gaming Power Supply, 80+

PRO_WIRING1: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Gigabyte OC)

VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Gigabyte OC)

WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support

What you think from Cyberpower? :D
  27. Sorry - the RAM is this brand: Kingston HyperX Predator w/Heat Spreader
  28. You think Kingston Predator, Corsair PSU, and a Corsair Force GT SSD are low end parts? LOLOLOLOL. GTFO.

Jealous of the system?

Live with having a bad one.

Part picker UK gives the same specs at around the same price, but I don't have to build it... Look it up...
  29. Corsair PSU is cheaper because its not modular - Corsair are known for reliability and the SSD and PSU are made by them....

How is Kingston Predator low end? Seriously... Lol...

Like to show where you would get the supposed higher end parts at half the price... Would be more than happy to cancel the order...
  30. To be honest my friend.... I smell TROLL.
  31. cole156 said:
    Okay so i called frys today and they told me they will build the PC no matter where the parts came from as long as all the parts are there. So I am getting it all from newegg, here is the build...

CPU: I7 3770k

GPU: EVGA GTX 670

PSU: Corsair 850W (I know alot of power)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH3

Liquid Cooler: Corsair H100

SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128GB

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (White)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Without the monitor, grand total including shipping and tax is 1,679.41 and with the monitor it is 1,891.18.

Dude, go with G.Skill RAM, its not much more and it's ratings are way better overall.
  32. idroid said:
    here, buy this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gpvl

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1632.33

*Extremely powerful for 1080p/2560x1600 gaming, it can even play games with decent settings @5760x1080 without any problem.
    *Faster SSD with higher capacity than the other SSDs previously listed.
    *you can add a second 8GB ram kit whenever you want.
    *Perfect for recording your game-play and heavy video editing.

If you do a configuration like this on cyberpowerpc, it's cheaper.
    And ldroid, if you're just trying to sell your products go to a different forum (comment to your earlier messages.)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Systems Product