Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Noctua NH D-14 alternatives

Last response: in Components
January 16, 2013 12:05:46 PM

Hello all.
I wanted to purchase this fan for cooling my cpu.
But as we can see, this product is discontinued and I can't get it from anywhere. So please recommend me some products in similar price range to keep my processor cool and which should, if possible, give better performance or atleast equal to it. I want to overclock my processor to 4.5GHz (core i7 3770k).

More about : noctua alternatives

a b ) Power supply
January 16, 2013 12:46:36 PM

id assume if you are getting a i7 you are doing work, not gaming

D14 SE2011 is instock. to make it work with 1155, email noctua for a free mounting bracket. advantage of the 2011 edition is pwm fans
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00631QFG8/?tag=pcpapi-20
Score
Related resources
January 16, 2013 1:32:07 PM

The sad thing is I can't purchase from Amazon because we don't have credit card :( 
I decided coolermaster tpc 212 (or whatever from that list). Is it ok?
One thing I want to ask, how about deepcool assassin?
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 16, 2013 1:44:01 PM

then how do you buy things? i can recommend us.ncix where you can buy stuff through a electronic bank transfer
Score
January 16, 2013 2:16:21 PM

I buy things either through flipkart via cash on delivery method. (most of times) or at certain conditions from local dealers.
Thanks good your concern.
Is the fan I chose good enough to keep my processor cool at 4.5GHz oc?
Score
January 16, 2013 3:12:39 PM

Hmm..I see you are from India and amazon wont ship to India even if you have a credit card. Its important to mention your region as mostly people here are from US and UK.

NH-D14 is discontinued only from flipkart only. Its still available if you can find a good retailer in India. Noctua products are basically not much available in India due to less RMA centres.

Also, flipkart prices are overpriced by a lot and you can find like 500-2k less in your local dealers. I prefer corsair products since they have a lot of RMA centres and great service here in India and with a H100i, you basically cant go wrong. Just make sure your case accommodates it. Still TPC 812 is a good heat sink, but it is HUGE and need a big case to fit in. I have the Hyper 212 EVO and it also does the job nicely. I got it for 2100 Rs locally.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 16, 2013 4:02:54 PM

the tpc 812 isnt that good but its still better than a hyper 212 evo.

look around for a nzxt havik 140 if it exists in india
Score
January 17, 2013 12:33:29 AM

No it's not :( 
Any other good ones?
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2013 12:52:33 AM

not really. do you have the u12p se2 from noctua? also a great option
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2013 1:04:38 AM

Try checking for a phanteks ph-tc14pe or a thermalright silver arrow, both offers the same cooling temperatures/noise levels as the noctua.
Score
a c 128 ) Power supply
January 17, 2013 1:04:48 AM

Checking out flipkart I find you're pretty much limited to DeepCool and CoolerMaster brands for air cooling. I'm going to suggest the DeepCool Assassin as an alternative to the D14 - it is the same size but this review (linked to conclusion page) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Gamer-Storm-Assa... should answer any questions about it
Hope it helps
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2013 1:23:07 AM

id say the problem with that is it weighs a fair bit more than a d14
Score
January 17, 2013 8:47:04 AM

Well...
I guess, deepcool assassin is an option I should go for.
Since I am limited to flipkart and sane with local dealers.
Score
July 11, 2013 1:45:06 PM

i understand what you are going through bro, i too am from india and im sick and tired of "deepcool" results everywhere whenever i try to find a cpu cooler.. I am also looking for Noctua dh14 / phanteks ph-tc14pe / thermalright silver arrow. And i have no clue where to find em. As a matter of fact Amazon does deliver to india but the shipping charges + duties and taxes amount upto double the cost of the item itself. maybe even more..
Its quite frustrating.
Which cooler did you end up buying.. ?
Score
November 3, 2013 11:20:25 PM

cheesus90 said:
i understand what you are going through bro, i too am from india and im sick and tired of "deepcool" results everywhere whenever i try to find a cpu cooler.. I am also looking for Noctua dh14 / phanteks ph-tc14pe / thermalright silver arrow. And i have no clue where to find em. As a matter of fact Amazon does deliver to india but the shipping charges + duties and taxes amount upto double the cost of the item itself. maybe even more..
Its quite frustrating.
Which cooler did you end up buying.. ?

Corsair h100i. Awesome cooler :) 
Score
!