Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 can't boot

Last response: in Windows 7
January 21, 2010 8:58:57 AM

I install windows 7 Ultimate OEM. the installation works just fine. but after it all finish, it just won't boot. the 32/64 bit the same. i don't know why. i thought maybe the cd corrupt or something. but it just doesn't make sense. it works perfectly until it all finish. and it just won't boot. can anyone tell what should i do?

More about : windows boot

January 21, 2010 9:09:48 AM

When you say don't boot, how far does it get? Where does it hang?
m
l
January 21, 2010 1:35:58 PM

after i fill the username windows, it will restart again. after that my BIOS will load until device listing. the page after the "first BIOS page with my processor spec, memory amount, hdd & cd rom master slave etc..."
right after the line 'cmos backup.... OK!' then it hang just like that...

for the reference, i'll give my machine spec
- AMD Phenom X4 940 BE
- DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH
- G.Skill 4GBPQ (4 GB)
- Sapphire Radeon 4850 Vapor-X 512 MB
- WDC Black Caviar 1 TB

P.S. I've tried using my friends 32bit Ultimate Retail DVD. and it works. but after the first restart, it gets the same problem. hang at the same place. no matter how much i restart, it just won't boot. i already do memory test with the software inside the DVD, and was ok. test 'till the 2nd test, no problem. so i stopped the test.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2010 11:49:22 AM

so? no one can understand what am i facing? no one can solve my problem?? >.<
m
l
January 24, 2010 2:50:33 PM

Have you reset factory defaults on your BIOS?
m
l
January 24, 2010 11:20:23 PM

yes i have. and still doesn't work
m
l
February 18, 2010 1:32:40 PM

yupilala said:
yes i have. and still doesn't work

hello..
are you can slove the problems..
i same of you use

DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH

and instal window 7..
the problems is same..
how i can solve it..?
thank's
m
l
February 18, 2010 2:31:46 PM

hendrikgb said:
hello..
are you can slove the problems..
i same of you use

DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH

and instal window 7..
the problems is same..
how i can solve it..?
thank's

yes. i have solve the problem.
i force return the windows 7 to the store. and i install my ol' good xp again.
even the store manager confuse what to do. also the microsoft customer service in my area ignore me.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 18, 2010 3:12:45 PM

The problem was a blue screen error... what you should have done was hit F8 at start-up and selected "Disable automatic restart upon system error", then make note of what the blue screen error was. Most likely, you have a piece of hardware that Windows 7 didn't like and that you would need updated drivers for... but now you'll never know.

XP is on its last legs... yeah, it works, but support for it is starting to taper off. No new DirectX and once MS discontinues extended support, probably no drivers for new video cards, etc.
m
l
February 18, 2010 3:23:17 PM

what blue screen error?? it's just hang when booting...
it was as normal as it seems. just that it stop at BIOS preview. no error report and something like that. and i also already disable automatic restart. i've tried anything i can think of. well... it's just another windows OS...
when xp is really unusable later in 2-4 years, then i will go to mac. it's one big change but its worth it. i know it...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 18, 2010 3:37:41 PM

Assuming Apple will still be a viable option then... but I digress.

Check your boot order. Try setting the hard drive to boot before the DVD. I read the first part of your post and got that your machine rebooted after you entered your user name... I missed the part about it hanging at the POST screen. Did you try leaving the DVD in the drive? And if you did, did you try removing it before the last step?

There's a really odd occurance that people have been reporting with Win 7 and Vista... for the life of me, I can't replicate it, so I have no idea why it's happening. People have stated that they installed Vista or 7 just fine and everything appears to work. After they removed the DVD from the drive, the system no longer wants to boot. If they put the DVD back into the drive, the system will boot just fine. I don't know what causes this, as I have never been able to duplicate it... I install Windows as I always have and I've never seen this issue occur.

m
l
February 19, 2010 12:31:56 AM

i already told u that i did EVERYTHING. yes, i leave the dvd. i remove the dvd. i swap the boot order. etc etc etc...
i reinstall about 7 times. i took me from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
and just still no progress... maybe win7 don't like amd user. sigh...
well... it work ONCE. but got the same problem after i restart it. it just so weird that i don't have anything in mind what cause it.

FYI - i work at pc repair & service for 3 years. and no one in the office know what happen
m
l
February 20, 2010 12:40:22 PM

yupilala said:
i already told u that i did EVERYTHING. yes, i leave the dvd. i remove the dvd. i swap the boot order. etc etc etc...
i reinstall about 7 times. i took me from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
and just still no progress... maybe win7 don't like amd user. sigh...
well... it work ONCE. but got the same problem after i restart it. it just so weird that i don't have anything in mind what cause it.

FYI - i work at pc repair & service for 3 years. and no one in the office know what happen

yes i same like you..
i has instal 5 time..
and anything i have try..
with set the bios..and reset the bios..
but it cannot fix the problem..
i think this motherboard DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH has aproblem with window 7..
m
l
February 20, 2010 2:25:55 PM

yes. perhaps that's the main problem. maybe we should tell the DFI to check about it. update the BIOS or anything to fix this problem. first i don't know what's the problem. but after u told me that u have the same MB and same problem too, we should let DFI know. or we won't be able to install 7 forever...
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 3:21:20 PM

yupilala said:
I install windows 7 Ultimate OEM. the installation works just fine. but after it all finish, it just won't boot. the 32/64 bit the same. i don't know why. i thought maybe the cd corrupt or something. but it just doesn't make sense. it works perfectly until it all finish. and it just won't boot. can anyone tell what should i do?

Have You tried swapping your memory around by checking the motherboard book configuration. I had a boot problem as well an found out my memory sticks were in the wrong slots. After checking the motherboard book an finding the proper configuration my system booted fine.

I would also suggest unplugging all hardware devices one at a time an start with one memory stick an test them out. It may not be the motherboard but some other hardware issue.
m
l
February 20, 2010 3:31:53 PM

tried them. and still no progress... i've tried anything... i've search every answer from google. tried them and still no progress...
if u ask how i google when my windows won't boot - i use my macbook. side by side to my pc.
sigh... what happen to the glorious moment of windows xp? can't microsoft achieve it again??

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 11:44:00 PM

It has been acheived... I'm using it on both home computers (upgraded them from Vista) and I've had zero issues. (Other than with the laptop, but that's more Acer's fault than Microsoft's). Still, I was able to work through the issue and now everything is up and running 100%.
m
l
February 21, 2010 10:32:06 AM

yes. my cousin have no problem too. maybe we should wait someone to confirm this. someone that using DFI 790FXB-M2RSH, how their experience with installation of windows 7... until now, there are 2 person including me with the same motherboard and the same problem...
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
February 27, 2010 3:15:38 PM

yupilala said:
yes. my cousin have no problem too. maybe we should wait someone to confirm this. someone that using DFI 790FXB-M2RSH, how their experience with installation of windows 7... until now, there are 2 person including me with the same motherboard and the same problem...

I have the same board and the same issue.
After install the windows (7 or Vista x64) and apply the win loader the system hangs like yours.
But it's only on this motherboard. I googled and i think you can enable an ACPI XSDT table option on the BIOS and the system boots.
m
l
February 28, 2010 1:19:35 AM

LOL...
so we are very unlucky to have this board. now i'm convinced to tell DFI about this problem...
thanks for your info
m
l
March 10, 2010 7:22:08 AM

this is the response i got from DFI Tech Support about this problem...
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for support DFI products.

For some of windows 7 version installation, please update latest BIOS and open ACPI XSDT table to test. Enabled it.

Have a nice day!

DFI Tech Support
m
l
August 19, 2012 12:59:07 PM

Our WIN 7 HP screamer PC wasn't booting up after the most recent Windows update, 8-19-12. The monitor just displayed a blinking DOS like cursor in the upper left hand corner.
Thanks to this forum, I looked at the BOOT sequence by pressing ESC during bootup then F9 and then selected the primary hard drive. PC now boots right up...
Prior to finding this forum and the fix, I had run the PC Recovery, reimaging the hard drive two times... lesson learned!
THANK YOU!!!
m
l
!