weapons question - level 13 paladin

hi,
i'm currently a level 13 human paladin, wandering around the elwynn
forest. could someone recommend what equipment might be good for me to
carry. i have a 2 handed large mace that i bought from Stormwind, i
tend to do about 30-40 hp damage with that and on a big hit maybe close
to 100. is there something better i should be carrying, just get the
feeling i should be doing more damage or taking down some of the level
9-10 mobs faster. i'm a noob, not just to Wow but also this is my
first online game, so if possible could you also let me know where i
can get the equipment.

thank you.

phil2phil wrote:
> hi,
> i'm currently a level 13 human paladin, wandering around the elwynn
> forest. could someone recommend what equipment might be good for me to
> carry. i have a 2 handed large mace that i bought from Stormwind, i
> tend to do about 30-40 hp damage with that and on a big hit maybe close
> to 100. is there something better i should be carrying, just get the
> feeling i should be doing more damage or taking down some of the level
> 9-10 mobs faster. i'm a noob, not just to Wow but also this is my
> first online game, so if possible could you also let me know where i
> can get the equipment.
>
> thank you.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it for now. At level 13 you'll be
leveling so fast that I don't think the cost of buying a weapon is
worth it - you'll buy one and will outgrow it too fast. Just keep
doing quests and upgrade your equipment when you find something better
than you have. These will come from looting corpses and as quest
rewards.

There is an argument (which I agree with) that says that buying stuff
from the AH removes some of the fun. If you always buy the best
equipment available to you then you'll not experience the thrill of a
good drop as you'll already have it beaten. Obviously, some people
disagree with this (or it wouldn't be an argument :) - you'll have to
decide for yourself which way you prefer.

steve.kaye

Have you killed Haggard, the elite gnoll, at Elwynn Forest? By
completed that quest, you will receive a nice 1H sword or mace that
will tie you over when you go to Deadmine immediately afterward.

The secret to be invited to a group for the Deadmine instance is to
/yell "I got chicken!!!!" :) when you are at Westfall near Deadmine
entrance.

Oh and don't listen to that mooo guy, he can't even decide what armor
to wear and have to carry 2 sets of them :)

phil2phil wrote:
> hi,
> i'm currently a level 13 human paladin, wandering around the elwynn
> forest. could someone recommend what equipment might be good for me to
> carry. i have a 2 handed large mace that i bought from Stormwind, i
> tend to do about 30-40 hp damage with that and on a big hit maybe close
> to 100. is there something better i should be carrying, just get the
> feeling i should be doing more damage or taking down some of the level
> 9-10 mobs faster. i'm a noob, not just to Wow but also this is my
> first online game, so if possible could you also let me know where i
> can get the equipment.
>
> thank you.

thank you for the responses, i actually did kill hogger, but i didn't
have the quest at the time, was wandering that area and ended up
helping another player kill him. i'll make sure to look for the DPS on
my weapons from now on, i'll actually be heading towards stormwind next
time i play anyways, so i'll try to stop by the AH just to see it and
maybe pickup something :p thanks for the help.

Well, as long as you didn't complete the quest, you can pick it up
again. It will just going to be easier. There is a wanted posted on the
road right before you go into Westfall. Click on it and you will see
the Wanted Poster for Hogger. Kill it once more and headed to Goldshire
to see Marshall dude for the reward. You will receive a choice of mace
or sword. They are identical in stat so just pick one for the look.

After that, go to Westfall for many quests that will upgrade your
armors and stuff that eventually will lead you to the Deadmine quest
for the first blue item armor. Don't forget to yell for the chicken
;-)

By the time you complete Deadmine quest, you will be ready for the
Paladin quest that will give you an awesome weapon that will last you
till 30+ level.

good hunting

> hi,
> i'm currently a level 13 human paladin, wandering around the elwynn
> forest. could someone recommend what equipment might be good for me to
> carry. i have a 2 handed large mace that i bought from Stormwind, i
> tend to do about 30-40 hp damage with that and on a big hit maybe close
> to 100. is there something better i should be carrying, just get the
> feeling i should be doing more damage or taking down some of the level
> 9-10 mobs faster. i'm a noob, not just to Wow but also this is my
> first online game, so if possible could you also let me know where i
> can get the equipment.
>
> thank you.

First you need some money, so goto Stormwind and type "ned 1g plz...." over
and over again until you get some... Just kidding!

Like the other poster said DPS is going to be an important factor. I
wouldn't recommend buying weapons from a vendor in Stormwind, for one they
are just normal weapons (white colour) and two they are expensive. Now
would be a good time to visit Ironforge, and specifically the Auction House.
Goto Stormwind, go east to Old town then north to Dwarven District. You
should see a tunnel. Walk into it and get on the tram, then at the other
end walk off and into another tunnel. You should now be in Ironforge. Now
ask a guard and click the Auction house, and you should see where it is, go
through the Great Forge and down a small tunnel. When you see tons of
people you are now at an area where there is a bank to store items and an
Auction house, right click on the auctioneer and choose weapons and look for
whatever you want. Alot of the items listed start at about level 15, but
green items can even start at level 5.

Virtually all the items listed will be green, it means if you equip it your
character gains a stat boost. These items are found mostly from killing
things in the game. INT is Intelligence, i.e mana. STR is Strength, how
hard you hit, STA is Stamina, how much health you have...etc.
These should also be cheaper than buying from a vendor and will give a
slightly higher DPS.

You can buy your armour and all sorts from there, only limited by your
money. Take up 2 gathering professions to start with, either
mining/skinning or herbalism/skinning, its a fast way to make money, you put
these into the Auction house and sell them to other players.

What server do you play on?
The other poster mentioned their evil probably because Paladin's aren't the
most well liked class. Alot of immature people tend to play them, and other
races are jealous of their shield that will let you be immune to attacks and
heal yourself!

On 30 Aug 2005 10:24:46 -0700, "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com>
wrote:

>By the time you complete Deadmine quest, you will be ready for the
>Paladin quest that will give you an awesome weapon that will last you
>till 30+ level.

I endured with it until SM which I did at level 38. Nothing else
compared that I could a) afford and b) find.

Dont worry about people not liking pallies - its 90% of the players
giving us a bad name - remember buff parties, heal players and dont
gank lowbies (feel free to kill them should they take you on :p hehe
remembers that ?? shammie lying now dead in the badlands of
Tichondrius - no ganky this pallie :p).