Status
Not open for further replies.

kingshuk_papa

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Hello,

Just bought a Cooler Master GX 550 PSU & ASUS 7850 DC2 2GB Graphics Card. After installing all into chassis whenever trying to power it on the system MCB is tripping down and all the power supply is switching off. I have tried removing the Graphics card but the issue remains.One more thing this is not occurring every time, sometime all going well but some time going wrong.It can be PSU problem, but not sure.Any help??

System Specs:

Intel i5 3450 3.2 Ghz
Gigabyte B75 Motherboard
6 GB DDR3
Coolermaster 550 GX PSU
ASUS 7850 DC2 2GB
Coolermaster K380 Chassis.

Solution
What do you call "the system MCB"? If you refer to the circuit breaker in the distribution panel, then either the load on that circuit is too high (what else is on it), the breaker is getting weak because it has tripped too often or there is an issue with the PSU. Does it work fine when connected to a different circuit?
What do you call "the system MCB"? If you refer to the circuit breaker in the distribution panel, then either the load on that circuit is too high (what else is on it), the breaker is getting weak because it has tripped too often or there is an issue with the PSU. Does it work fine when connected to a different circuit?

Solution

You'll have to in order to determine where the problem is. You should also identify what else is connected to the same circuit. Set the circuit breaker to OFF or make it trip and don't reset it. Then find another outlet that still has power and is therefore on a different circuit. If that breaker doesn't trip, then you know that something else is on the other circuit or the breaker no longer works properly. If both breakers trip, then RMA the PSU.

kingshuk_papa

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Yes I did that. In fact the chassis is new so all the setup is brand new and also its started after installing PSU and GPU installed in new Coolermaster Chassis. There are no extra standoffs installed in motherboard. I have reassembled all the components including removing standoffs.

Your original post "
Just bought a Cooler Master GX 550 PSU & ASUS 7850 DC2 2GB Graphics Card." lead me to believe that only these components were new. There are no extra standoffs, but the required ones all are installed, aren't they?

kingshuk_papa

Distinguished
May 19, 2009

have changed my MCB from 6 amp to 10 amp. Its working fine now.Thanks for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS