Light Weight Mid Tower

Pyranthus

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hay guys! I've been lurking the forums for a while and can't seem to find any questions based on case weight. I carry the damn thing around alot so weight is a big deal. I'd prefer a mid since...weight is a big deal but can't go any smaller because of the mobo. This is the lightest one I've found,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233102

(Gigabyte GZ-G1 Plus)

Any other suggestions in cases?

Was wondering if you guys could tell me anything to look out for. Reviews are scarce.

I have a CM Aircooler on my CPU which makes the width requirements a little on the larger size but I dont have exact numbers here. I also have a EVGA 670, so I have some length requirements as well.

Solution
Honestly if you're looking for a full ATX case under 10 lbs it's either flimsy as hell or an exotic like the Lian Li. I'm not sure I'd favour either option TBH - why not just wait to upgrade to let's say the BitFenix Prodigy with your next build (which, I might add, is still more than 10 lbs even though it is an ITX case - but it's not a flimsy one).

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
It looks like these 5 all rival the Gigabyte in weight. The use of aluminum instead of steal allows the OEMs to give more thickness to the panels. I think that the Gigabyte may be a little flimsy (and therefore there will be fit problems). I'd suggest a Liam Li case.

Pyranthus

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

I'll be able to look into that on my next build when I have a little more money to work with :kaola: I dont mind spending a little more to future proof to a point. I'm definitely not an alpha consumer.

This seems to be the best Lian Li I can find (with my previous requirements) but it seems most do not have a weight listed (at least with newegg) I'm really trying to get under that 10lb mark so if anyone has any ideas please list.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-112-328&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=3&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo

Honestly if you're looking for a full ATX case under 10 lbs it's either flimsy as hell or an exotic like the Lian Li. I'm not sure I'd favour either option TBH - why not just wait to upgrade to let's say the BitFenix Prodigy with your next build (which, I might add, is still more than 10 lbs even though it is an ITX case - but it's not a flimsy one).

Solution

Pyranthus

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

At first I was pissed at your response...WAIT!?? WHY WAIT!? But after about 20 minutes of debating, waiting just seems like the right thing to do. Trying to cram this huge board into a tiny case is causing a pain in my ass, as I have to really dig to find a case that does what I want. *Sigh* rebuild time.

Thanks for your help FinneousPJ!