3ds Max and GTX 580 problem... need some help please

So I recently built a new computer and have been using it for modeling in 3ds max. Since I built it about 6 months ago it has been having a problem with the Nvidia driver.

The error reads "Nvidia driver has stopped responding but has recovered." Then it says something about kernel 301.42 or the current driver that I have installed. Before it does this my comp stops responding for a second then the screen goes black and shows back up and displays the error.

I have narrowed it down to when I am using 3ds Max 2012 it does this and when I watch videos with windows media player. I can play games just fine. I can play BF3 on ultra settings for hours and it does not crash. I am thinking that it could be a setting somewhere or something that I am missing. I have looked all over the net and cannot find anything on the matter. It only does it every now and then and I have been able to deal with it thus far.

My specs are:

Motherboard: Asus p8p67 Deluxe
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 580
Power Supply: OCZ 750W 80Plus Bronze High Performance
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3
Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
3 answers Last reply
More about problem please
  1. download the 302 drivers and try the beta 304. Try to reinstall 3ds max.
  2. Just downloaded it and I am going to give it a shot and hope it works. I have tried going to old drivers but the problem still occurs. I recently downloaded 3ds max 2013 and have been working with that and so far no problems but the problem still occurs with videos.

Thanks
  3. Tried the beta drivers with no luck, I still get the same problem. I am running out of ideas as to what the problem could be. I could really use some advice or some other options to try.

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics