New PC build problems.

matthewh133

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Hi guys. I'm devastated right now. I just finished my new PC build today, after hours of rerouting cables and wires to keep it as neat as possible. I fired it up, installed the drivers and got to playing Diablo 3 for about an hour before everything in my room turned off (speakers/comp/lamp etc). I happened to be going out then, so when I got home I went to fire it up again.. it wouldn't turn on. I realized in my power box my room circuit had switched off. I switched it back on, went to fire up the computer again and.. nothing. Everything else is turning on again, except my computer tower. I'm assuming my power supply somehow fried/shorted itself.

Does anyone have any idea why an hour into a game with a new PC that a power supply (I'm assuming a power supply) would crap itself and short out, never to turn on again? I'm really pissed, and I'm really not looking forward to undoing all my beautiful wiring and having to do it all over again with a new PSU.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the PSU is a Corsair AX750.

Sooth1

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

matthewh133

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

No there is no sign of life at all. No fans spinning, no lights on anywhere.

matthewh133

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

Yeah I'll have to get one for sure, though this wasn't a power outage as the rest of the house was fine. I believe the PSU just shorted out for whatever reason and it caused the circuit to switch off.