Slideshow screensaver order

Is there any way to get the slideshow screensaver to display the pictures in
a particular order? Sometimes random is okay, but there are sometimes I have
pictures that I'd like displayed in order by name. But I don't see anything
in the settings to set that. I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to
do that.
2 answers Last reply
More about slideshow screensaver order

    Open My Pictures and organize them by dragging the pictures within the folder to
    the order you wish them to display.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "JonathanL" wrote:

    | Is there any way to get the slideshow screensaver to display the pictures in
    | a particular order? Sometimes random is okay, but there are sometimes I have
    | pictures that I'd like displayed in order by name. But I don't see anything
    | in the settings to set that. I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to
    | do that.

    Sorry, I should have said that to begin with. The order of the pictures in
    the folder are in alphabetical (numerical) order, but the slideshow
    screensaver runs them in a totally random order.

    Jonathan

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Open My Pictures and organize them by dragging the pictures within the folder to
    > the order you wish them to display.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "JonathanL" wrote:
    >
    > | Is there any way to get the slideshow screensaver to display the pictures in
    > | a particular order? Sometimes random is okay, but there are sometimes I have
    > | pictures that I'd like displayed in order by name. But I don't see anything
    > | in the settings to set that. I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to
    > | do that.

Configuration Screensaver Microsoft Customization Windows XP