GTX680 not working properly in Minecraft

mogen1000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I have a bunch of texture mods and graphic mods in Minecraft and my GPU isnt working the fullest in Minecraft, resulting in 10FPS-15FPS. (using only like 700mhz)

Java is a very hard language to use with hardware which is why it is never used for any serious acceleration work. Almost all of the rendering work is done by the CPU. The only reason your GPU would have spun up like that for a few seconds is if the CPU had no work to do as far as handling chunks goes

Razec69

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

Yea exactly, please do us all a favor and throw your computer in the garbage. Throw it out your window if you live high enough, and in fact save your computer the embarrassment and humiliation.

Play Battlefield 3 on ultra, Crysis 2 on Ultra, or The Witcher 2 maxed out and then complain.

Complaining about Minecraft, jesus christ.

mogen1000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
but i just hate how nvidia cards work at a boost rate unlike AMD cards where its just stuck at that clock speed which leads to performance issues in less intensive games. ANd yes i do play BF3 and crysis 2 wont work on windows 8 ;)

lol, many of these forums have reduced to crap these days I absolutely agree with what your saying, oh well I'll chalk it up to a lack of experience... no offense, and everyone is entitled to spend their money on what they want however in this case its clear that buying a 680 to play minecraft alone is totally unnecessary hopefully the op is playing some other games, possibly even with multiple monitors to make use of that card :)

Temile

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Your 680 is not the reason you're having problems. Boost rate does not lead to performance issues in less intensive games. Windows 8 is not even released yet, try in Win7 and see if things work better.