Building new system - Need help and recommendations!

DimShadowen7

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I am going to build a new system for gaming (games like Battlefield 3, Assasin's Creed, Crysis 2 etc.) and entertainment. I'm a bit confused when it comes to the psu purchase so I need a few recommendations on the wattage I'm going to need as well as the brand and so on. I would also use some help with the sound card. My dad likes listening to music (he wants quality). Our current PC has a Sound Blaster PCI card (an old one) but it really does its job. Unfortunately I can't use this card on my new system because I need it on the old one (we will still be using it) Should I buy a discrete card or will the onboard Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC do just as good as the Sound Blaster PCI? Do your best to inform me. Any other recommendations concerning the hardware is also welcome. If it's possible I would like to stick with the 800-850 € budget.

CASE: THERMALTAKE VL80001W2Z V3 BLACK EDITION

MOBO: ASUS P8H77-M

CPU: INTEL CORE I5-3470 3.20GHZ LGA1155

GPU: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX560TI GV-N560OC-1GI OVECLOCK 1GB -OR- GAINWARD 1831 GEFORCE GTX560 TI PHANTOM 1GB PCI-E RETAIL

RAM: CORSAIR CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 VENGEANCE 8GB (2X4GB) PC3-12800 DUAL CHANNEL KIT

HDD: SEAGATE ST1000DM003 1TB BARRACUDA 7200.12 SATA3

DVD RECORDER: 1 or 2x LG GH24NS90 SECURE DISC DVD REWRITER BLACK BULK

SOUND CARD (NOT SURE IF I'LL BUY A DISCRETE ONE): ASUS XONAR DG -OR- ASUS XONAR DX

FAN: COOLERMASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP LONG LIFE LED FAN 120MM

just tel us your budget, location, parts not required, and are you going to overclock or do crossfire or SLI

we will figure things out for you

as for the sound card, the onboard stuff is more than enough for most users. if you are to go high end, id get a asus dx but you wont tell much of a difference unless you have some good headphones