Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Over heating

Last response: in Systems
September 2, 2012 4:02:51 PM

Maybe someone can help me.....i think i might be over heating...i bought a bigger case a z11 with five fans and a new power supply corsair gs 700 watt. i thought i needed a bigger power supply i had 500 watt . anyways i play about one hour and then i getting lag so bad .....my board is asus but its a cheaper one it only maxes out at 4 gig.of ram.will heating system cause laggin? : :fou: 

More about : heating

September 2, 2012 4:07:39 PM

Download a monitoring program like HWInfo64 (will show all temps) or Coretemp for cpu only. You havent stated you specs, but run a game for an hour and then alt-tab out and have a look at your temps when you notice the lagging.

CPU if Intel should be below 60 when gaming and GPU (again depening on what it is, shouldnt go above 70 when gaming. HWInfo64 shows you different temps on the GPU, you want to be looking for the highest really and note what it is.

Yes, if your CPU is too hot it will throttle back (reduces MHz of the clock) leading to possible poor performance. GPU's may well do the same although i have not noticed this. make sure your case is clean and get some compressed air and blow through the heatsinks to get rid of dust.
m
l
September 2, 2012 7:25:58 PM

burgessanthony said:
Download a monitoring program like HWInfo64 (will show all temps) or Coretemp for cpu only. You havent stated you specs, but run a game for an hour and then alt-tab out and have a look at your temps when you notice the lagging.

CPU if Intel should be below 60 when gaming and GPU (again depening on what it is, shouldnt go above 70 when gaming. HWInfo64 shows you different temps on the GPU, you want to be looking for the highest really and note what it is.

Yes, if your CPU is too hot it will throttle back (reduces MHz of the clock) leading to possible poor performance. GPU's may well do the same although i have not noticed this. make sure your case is clean and get some compressed air and blow through the heatsinks to get rid of dust.

sorry about that its a amd phenom 9600 quad core with an asus mb ati radeon hd 6850 ..i just downloaded the hwinfo64 but i dont see temps on it.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 9, 2012 9:17:43 PM

once you have that program, their is a sensors button at the top which you can press to see temps. once the sensor screen pops up, you can click the loggin button at the bottom and it will save all values to a spreadsheet every 10 seconds i think (you can change this).

this will give you an idea of how hot you are getting.

Their are many other programs out their, i just like this one!
September 19, 2012 12:37:54 AM

Best answer selected by gomer68.
m
l
!