Power connection help

glory88

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
I cannot get my 20+4 pin connector seated properly ... I've lined it up ... re lined it... applied all sorts of pressure... checked pins... this damn thing will not click in or sit even .... no blockage... pc boots fine... no errors .. I. In have a 660ticard .. hopefully I don't get problems later on. Anyone else have trouble? I have this 20+4 pin connector. Another 8 pin into the mobo next to the cpu and two 6pins in my gpu. .. I have no damn clue wtf is going on. I took a pic but im not sure how to attach it

spankmon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I've had the same problem before (with an ASrock board) because the board material was very thin, and flexed too much while pushing down on the connector. If this is what is happening in your situation, you can use your other hand (fingers) to support the underside edge of the board while pushing down on the connector.

spankmon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
You can't attach an image here on Tom's. But you can create an account at photobucket.com or one of the other image-hosting sites and load you picture there.. then paste the link to it in your reply here.

glory88

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
It was a bent pin even though it looked exactly straight. .. the black plastic was bent on the psu. I figured out which pin by feeling which section was hitting... applied pressure and bent it back even and it fit right in :hello: