file can be read only, can not copy and paste or move

Help ! nobody tell me how to secure the file not to be copied and paste, I
just want to let the user read only.

TQ

So, what is the solution to block the user from copying the file ? Does XP
has any file protection such as encryption?

"fabius" wrote:

> Help ! nobody tell me how to secure the file not to be copied and paste, I
> just want to let the user read only.
>
> TQ

Type file permissions in help and remove inheritance, delete, and create permissions. However if you can read it you can copy it.

"fabius" <fabius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B44702-85BA-4E1D-BBD1-1E3A97E996A4@microsoft.com...
> Help ! nobody tell me how to secure the file not to be copied and paste, I
> just want to let the user read only.
>
> TQ

If you can read a file you can copy it. A Copy is a read and a write. Look at products like Acrobat.

Think if I can read it I can use Save As and that saves it. What would encryption do. If you want them to read it they need to be able to unencrypt it. Therefore they can copy it.