Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is This computer powerful enough

Last response: in Systems
September 2, 2012 6:03:44 PM

Can this Latop run games like World of tanks, TF2, and World of Warplanes with 30 fps or better?

Thank-you in advance ^_^

HP Pavilion dv4t-5100 Entertainment Notebook PC
A9Q35AV

$579 shipping and tax included

black licorice
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics with 1GB of dedicated video memory
FREE Upgrade to 500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
No additional security software
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
14.0" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768) SVA
Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone
802.11b/g/n WLAN
Standard Keyboard Black

More about : computer powerful

September 2, 2012 6:12:44 PM

It sounds like a green go to me.
I have a MSI FX603 with 4 gigs of ram and an nvidia 425 GT and am pretty sure to be able and play those games but only at lowest setting in my case.
As for you, with this build, it sounds ok with mid setting or perhaps a bit higher but it may bottleneck at highest setting and undergo 30 FPS a bit.

My main question is "FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)". What does that mean exactly? The laptop had 1*2 gigs ram and they switched for a 1*4gigs of ram or it has 1*4 gigs of ram and they complement for a total of 2*4 gigs of ram?

The biggest let down I want o point in this system is the HDD that runs at 5400 rpm. it is a bit slow, yet in the future and research first, you could maybe swap it for a better HDD and/or a SSD?
m
l

Best solution

September 2, 2012 6:20:18 PM

That sounds good. I'm not sure how the GT 630 will perform in games but the CPU on it is snappy.

I used to run WOT fine on my OC'ed 4850 DDR5 but I can't find an the desktop equivalent of the 630M but basing from nVIDIA's spec sheet (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...) I feel that it it could play WOT with low or low-med settings without stuttering depending on how many tanks are on the field.

There have been some game benches from this site: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.637... where you can take a look at some of the scores they got from that GPU. Some games actually play smoothly at med to med-high.

HTH

I can't comment on the other games as I haven't had any experience playing them

Related resources
September 2, 2012 8:34:50 PM

Thanks so much guys.
@ seba. it has 4 gigs of ram.

m
l
September 2, 2012 8:37:00 PM

Best answer selected by calderhutchins.
m
l