a little personal goal of mine!
http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills1.jpg
http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills2.jpg
http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills3.jpg

Third one isn't important, I completed it yesterday, would of been a few
days earlier if my subs hadn't of run out, tailoring was horrible to level
up, took quite alot of money. Alchemy wasn't so bad as I had herbalism for
a while, although started both of these at 0 after I had previously had both
at 300/300 before I tried out alot of the other proffessions - got about
half way then decided for some reason or another not to bother with them.

Never try to level up weapon skills with grey items, will take forever, much
better to use a lower level white or green items, don't think theres any
difference. I ended up playing on xbox whilst killing level 51-52 flayers
and ghouls in Western Plaguelands and touching the keyboard to put on buffs
or heal and move to next target, I think you could only get away with that
low level of interaction with a Paladin class, no wonder people say they are
boring to play!

Its a pity I didn't spend all that time getting lightforge gear, but Im more
a solo player I guess and not exactly in demand for instances.

Now this should provide me with a bit of extra income from arcanite and
mooncloth whilst the character is retired and I level up either a priest or
a mage, I haven't decided yet.

Fugwump wrote:
> a little personal goal of mine!
> http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills1.jpg
> http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills2.jpg
> http://www.fuzzydigital.dsl.pipex.com/wow/wowpics/Skills3.jpg

Congratulations! It's funny, though. I never cared one bit what my
skill levels were at. I guess different things matter to different
people.

Same with class skills. I know when I started up my warrior, I had
another warrior friend who had absolutely every warrior skill at top
rank. I mean the guy was a protection/arms and still bought every rank
of all the fury skills anyway. I never even bought half the skills.
My guy has somewhere around 20 or so skills available for purchase at
the trainer. Unless a patch changes things, those skills will still be
sitting there unbought forever. That would drive my friend nuts.

On the other hand, I love reputation. I am positive I have spent more
time and money on raising my reputation than I have saved in the
discounts you get for high rep. And yet I still hoard my cloth to turn
in.

> Third one isn't important, I completed it yesterday, would of been a few
> days earlier if my subs hadn't of run out, tailoring was horrible to level
> up, took quite alot of money. Alchemy wasn't so bad as I had herbalism for
> a while, although started both of these at 0 after I had previously had both
> at 300/300 before I tried out alot of the other proffessions - got about
> half way then decided for some reason or another not to bother with them.

The only professions I have bothered with are gathering ones. I have
one leatherworker guy who is still at around 100 skill. Other than
that, all of my other professions are gathering.

> Never try to level up weapon skills with grey items, will take forever, much
> better to use a lower level white or green items, don't think theres any
> difference. I ended up playing on xbox whilst killing level 51-52 flayers
> and ghouls in Western Plaguelands and touching the keyboard to put on buffs
> or heal and move to next target, I think you could only get away with that
> low level of interaction with a Paladin class, no wonder people say they are
> boring to play!

Not too bad leveling up weapon skill on a warrior either. It wasn't
nearly as easy with rogue or shaman. Shaman at least could heal
himself, so he wasn't in real danger. But it still took a while.
Rogue takes a while if you try to add a new skill later in the game.
Rogue relies on high damage to balance out low survivability. When
your damage is low too, it is pretty painful. I had to run from green
mobs.

> Its a pity I didn't spend all that time getting lightforge gear, but Im more
> a solo player I guess and not exactly in demand for instances.

I think you can feel good about your accomplishment. You might have
spent all that time doing runs for lightforge gear and not had the
right pieces drop. Or they drop and somebody else wins the roll. And
if that happened you have nothing whatever to show for it. Your skill
gains are permanent, tangible benefits.

> Now this should provide me with a bit of extra income from arcanite and
> mooncloth whilst the character is retired and I level up either a priest or
> a mage, I haven't decided yet.

I can't believe you leveled up a paladin mostly solo this high, and now
you're considering starting a priest. Man, you have way way more
patience than I do!

Even the mage, with its high damage, was too much for me to handle. I
couldn't stand having to sit down and drink constantly and I abandoned
him pretty quickly. With my rogue I get tired of having to get into
position for his attacks. His high damage potential was negated over
time by the need for a lot of repositioning to face the target's back.
I really like my warrior, he may not kill individual monsters real fast
but there's very little downtime. I'm always doing something with him.

> Congratulations! It's funny, though. I never cared one bit what my
> skill levels were at. I guess different things matter to different
> people.

Yeah, I seen a level 60's profile on a website, he had 1/75 in fishing and
cooking, but he had high level first aid, think he was a rogue or warrior.

> Same with class skills. I know when I started up my warrior, I had
> another warrior friend who had absolutely every warrior skill at top
> rank. I mean the guy was a protection/arms and still bought every rank
> of all the fury skills anyway. I never even bought half the skills.
> My guy has somewhere around 20 or so skills available for purchase at
> the trainer. Unless a patch changes things, those skills will still be
> sitting there unbought forever. That would drive my friend nuts.

Would drive me nuts too, I always buy every skill I can lay my grubby hands
on at every 2 levels. You never know when a certain skill may come in
handy, although there are a few skills ive never used or use very
occasionally (never used Divine intervention! virtually never used Blessing
of Light? or Seal of Fury - it doesnt work, I did use it in Strat to try and
get aggro off the casters but didn't work!) After spending 30 points in
retribution I only use Blessing of Kings to buff others. I heard after
Druids, Paladins are next in line for a fix, perhaps I'll come back to this
character then and prob respec to holy for instances. Im not sure I would
know the difference between fury and protection skills, well maybe I would!

> On the other hand, I love reputation. I am positive I have spent more
> time and money on raising my reputation than I have saved in the
> discounts you get for high rep. And yet I still hoard my cloth to turn
> in.

Yeah, I don't mind getting my rep up a bit too, then I got a bit cheesed
off. Whilst I was skilling up my weapons I was keeping Somatic Intesifiers
and Runecloth and the Scourgestones for Argent Dawn rep. Then I would buy a
Arcane Quickener and take them to the Writhing Haunt I think it is, since
its the most rep I could get, then I met a friend and said my rep is so and
so honoured, then I find out his is alot higher than mine, over half
honoured because hes been in Strat alot! Ahhh well. When I was skilling up
tailoring I went to kill some Deadwood to get the mageweave and skill up,
I'm a quarter through netural now, but it did get a bit boring and I bought
alot of cloth. I think I turned in some silk because I had a load of it
from doing SM, now I think it want's 60 mageweave which I haven't bothered
with yet. I'm revered with Stormwind, from doing quests, would exhalted
give me any benefits? I can't see any difference between Honoured and
Revered, I'm human. Other than getting a mount for exhalted with IF or
Darn, is there any other reasons to get high rep with another capital?
(other than 10% off at honoured)

> The only professions I have bothered with are gathering ones. I have
> one leatherworker guy who is still at around 100 skill. Other than
> that, all of my other professions are gathering.

Leatherworking isn't too bad as you can convert lower hides to higher ones.
If they gave that to skinning it would be alot more worthwhile. You can
make a bit of profit, well a tiny amount from converting hides, but no where
near as much as a bonafide gathering skill like mining/herbalism. Also you
would have to 'waste' alot hides to skill up to a level where you can
convert thick to rugged and whatever else you can do, so probably not worth
it. But you don't get the coolness of having other people in the game
wearing your creatations!

> Not too bad leveling up weapon skill on a warrior either. It wasn't
> nearly as easy with rogue or shaman. Shaman at least could heal
> himself, so he wasn't in real danger. But it still took a while.
> Rogue takes a while if you try to add a new skill later in the game.
> Rogue relies on high damage to balance out low survivability. When
> your damage is low too, it is pretty painful. I had to run from green
> mobs.

Thats quite a few classes you have played, I thought you said you didn't
level up weapon skills much! I played a rogue til about level 15, died
quite alot! But really with any class you die a fair bit in the early
stages, even with healing classes a 3 sec heal spell takes 9 secs, uses alot
of mana and by the time its finished your healed up to where you were when
you started. When leveling up a few different classes I thought oh this
should be fairly easy now as I've been playing my level 60 for a while I'll
know how to play the game better, but I still end up using alot of health
potions and dying a few times, I would be dying alot more if it wasn't for
those potions. I think they have grouped the mobs together so much they
want you to die alot in the early stages so you learn how not to die.

> I think you can feel good about your accomplishment. You might have
> spent all that time doing runs for lightforge gear and not had the
> right pieces drop. Or they drop and somebody else wins the roll. And
> if that happened you have nothing whatever to show for it. Your skill
> gains are permanent, tangible benefits.

Yeah, I guess. I also got phobic of getting new gear, some priest told me
that high level blue/purple plate armour costs alot to repair, which must be
true. So now I've decided to play a caster class and only have cloth to
repair. Took me a few weeks but I managed to get the full "Commander's"
gear, they are all greens and not a proper set, but it looks ok and is the
highest level set I can find for a level 60. Then in one Strat run I got 3
blues, I was the only person that needed them, some leggings and gloves and
a trinket. Now my outfit just doesnt look the same :( If you see my
"Defence" its quite high as alot of the Commander's gear that was in the AH
was 'of Defence" but this sacrificed my Stamina which is painfully low!

> I can't believe you leveled up a paladin mostly solo this high, and now
> you're considering starting a priest. Man, you have way way more
> patience than I do!

Got a Priest level 19 at the moment, apparently after 20 it gets easier to
level up. I'm thinking of deleting it though as its a nightelf, originally
chose because I thought Shadowmeld might come in handy. Priest is the only
class that has different spells at level 10 and 20 for each race. A Dwarf
is supposed to be the best as they get an Insta-cast self healing spell and
an anti-fear spell. Night elfs only get Starshards, a channeled damage
spell and Elunes grace which is -27 ranged damage at highest level.
Starshards seems to be bugged, I sheild so it wont be interrupted, then cast
it but sometimes it doesnt work, yet it takes the mana!
Then again there is always the horde! Undead is the race to play for a
priest. Its just painful to start at 1 with no money, and my paladin might
bring in a bit of money. On the plus side you win at BG more :) lol.

> Even the mage, with its high damage, was too much for me to handle. I
> couldn't stand having to sit down and drink constantly and I abandoned
> him pretty quickly. With my rogue I get tired of having to get into
> position for his attacks. His high damage potential was negated over
> time by the need for a lot of repositioning to face the target's back.
> I really like my warrior, he may not kill individual monsters real fast
> but there's very little downtime. I'm always doing something with him.

I found a mage easy to level up, although this was only the starting levels
and I probably had rest bonus lol. If you use your wand alot you don't have
to drink so much. You should try playing a priest, after every one on one
fight I'm down to 50% or maybe lower mana, with no free water to drink,
though spirit tap is a life saver you still have to drink a bit. Anyway
this is getting too long now!

Fugwump a écrit :
> > On the other hand, I love reputation. I am positive I have spent more
> > time and money on raising my reputation than I have saved in the
> > discounts you get for high rep. And yet I still hoard my cloth to turn
> > in.
>
> Yeah, I don't mind getting my rep up a bit too, then I got a bit cheesed
> off. Whilst I was skilling up my weapons I was keeping Somatic Intesifiers
> and Runecloth and the Scourgestones for Argent Dawn rep. Then I would buy a
> Arcane Quickener and take them to the Writhing Haunt I think it is, since
> its the most rep I could get, then I met a friend and said my rep is so and
> so honoured, then I find out his is alot higher than mine, over half
> honoured because hes been in Strat alot! Ahhh well. When I was skilling up
> tailoring I went to kill some Deadwood to get the mageweave and skill up,
> I'm a quarter through netural now, but it did get a bit boring and I bought
> alot of cloth. I think I turned in some silk because I had a load of it
> from doing SM, now I think it want's 60 mageweave which I haven't bothered
> with yet. I'm revered with Stormwind, from doing quests, would exhalted
> give me any benefits? I can't see any difference between Honoured and
> Revered, I'm human. Other than getting a mount for exhalted with IF or
> Darn, is there any other reasons to get high rep with another capital?
> (other than 10% off at honoured)

I really like this thread. It's all about the little personal goals
that you set yourself...

I have that hunter, level 47 that I love, with a little goal in mind:
becoming exalted with Thunder Bluff and ride a kodo. I can't help but
coupling it with another outdoor reputation grind... which one? Argent
Dawn?

Right now I'm thinking about grinding Deadwood Furbolgs or something
like that in Northern Felwood when I'm level 50 or so (mobs are 53-54),
for both Runecloth (rep with Thunder Bluff) and reputation with
Timbermaw, lots of interesting crafts there (I'm practically craftless
right now, with the exception of cooking and first aid), and ultimately
the +15 agility weapon enchant - I don't know if anybody on Horde side
has this one on my server...

> > Even the mage, with its high damage, was too much for me to handle. I
> > couldn't stand having to sit down and drink constantly and I abandoned
> > him pretty quickly. With my rogue I get tired of having to get into
> > position for his attacks. His high damage potential was negated over
> > time by the need for a lot of repositioning to face the target's back.
> > I really like my warrior, he may not kill individual monsters real fast
> > but there's very little downtime. I'm always doing something with him.
>
> I found a mage easy to level up, although this was only the starting levels
> and I probably had rest bonus lol. If you use your wand alot you don't have
> to drink so much. You should try playing a priest, after every one on one
> fight I'm down to 50% or maybe lower mana, with no free water to drink,
> though spirit tap is a life saver you still have to drink a bit. Anyway
> this is getting too long now!

I've leveled a priest, a shaman, a hunter and a warrior up to level 30
and above... and the hunter is one incredible, incredible, incredible
killing/grinding machine. I'm BM specced, and I regularly kill 3-4 mobs
of superior level at the same time, or engage mobs of my level +3-4
with only 20% life and 5% mana! I still have troubles killing elites of
my level+1 (I need a bit more mana, and should train my pet new skills,
I had to feign death when Gammerita (48+, I'm 47) only had like a
couple pixels of life left, (grrr) (I love parentheses (I really do)))

Right now I've saved up about 30 runecloths stacks with my main and the
occasional help of the guild, I know I'll need about 400 more, but I
haven't started buying them yet, nor grinding seriously.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

i have nearly the same skills ;-)
only unarmed is at 299 all others are maxed out... Cooking and first
aid were at max at lvl 45 or so ;-)
fishing i finished a week ago but the weapons skills ar hard for a
druid ;-)
i only do highlvl instances (BWL, MC, Onyxia, Azeguros, Kazzak, etc.)
atm. so skilling in weapons is only done while w8ing for the rais to
start ;-)