making WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER default viewer?

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 16, 2005 6:13:24 AM

I have several icons on my Windows XP Pro Desktop that reference jpg
pictures.
Previously, when I depressed the icon with the mouse button, the
picture would appear on the screen using WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX
VIEWER.

Recently I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. I also installed some
new pix icons on the Desktop. When I depress the icon for the newer
pix, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 pops up on the screen with the desired
pix one the Photoshop Elements screen.

What should I do so that ALL pix icons on the desktop are accessed only
by WINDOWS PIX AND FAX VIEWER? Adobe may be desirable for editing
pix, but immediate viewing is faster with WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX
VIEWER.

All replies welcomed!

Aaron in N. Hollywood
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 6:20:47 AM

I have found the answer. The procedure was described in a 2003 post.
No need to post a reply to my previous post!

best, Aaron
!