Warlock talent tree, what first ?

I have a lvl 17 warlock and I was wondering where is the best place to put
points initially? untill now I have put 5 to make corruption instant but
what next.
Tnx

I'm a 53 lock right now and I've gone Affliction, with 5 points in Demonic
Embrace, and am now working my way to Shadowburn. I haven't respecced at all
so I can't say for sure, but Dark Pact seems to be the absolute best last
tier talent for leveling. It results in virtually no downtime: if you refill
after every fight, you'll almost never have to drink. It doesn't save too
much time in instances, since you need to wait for others to drink, but it's
still great to have extra mana on long boss fights, etc. It also is
incredibly handy for mass PvP.

Maybe Destruction might be just as good for mass PvP, and certainly better
for dueling. Demonology is also certainly better for dueling. I don't see
how Demonolgy would help with instances, though Destruction is probably just
as good as Affliction in that regard.

To sum up:

Leveling: Aff > Dest = Dem
Instances:Aff = Dest > Dem
Duels: Dem > Dest > Aff
Mass PvP: Dest > Aff > Dem

So, yeah, I'm basically trying to think of whether I want to respec into
Dest at 60.

- Dashiva, 53 Warlock on Mal'ganis

On 2005-08-31 13:53:34 +0200, "Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> said:

> I have a lvl 17 warlock and I was wondering where is the best place to
> put points initially? untill now I have put 5 to make corruption
> instant but what next.
> Tnx

A talent that will help you a lot while leveling (though you wont
necesarily want them in your endgame build) is Demonic Embrace -> +15%
Stamina is *a lot* and who needs Spirit anyway :)

Then it kinda depends on your playing style, but its always nice to
work towards Shadowburn in the destruction tree. Drain Life and Fel
Concentration are also very viable options as they help draintanking
you, the best way to survive vs mobs if your pets go down.

In any case you can always experiment, WoW is very forgiving as you can
always respec your talent tree if you wanna try out something else.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Warlock_Talents#Fel_Concentration has a
description of all talents, including a good description of their
usefullness (or lack thereof) and also boasts some popular builds.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

In <df45np$rg2$1@ss405.t-com.hr> "Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a lvl 17 warlock and I was wondering where is the best place to put
> points initially? untill now I have put 5 to make corruption instant but
> what next.
> Tnx

If you plan on using your Voidwalker a lot, I'd spend the eight points
in Demonology to get Improved Voidwalker. It helps him hold aggro
tremendously.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com