Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Nvidia gt 520 vs geforce 210 vs ATI hd 5450 vs hd 6450 ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 15, 2012 2:10:18 PM

so. i wanna buy a new graphic card,and i narrowed down my choices (this is as far as my budget goes) .
i have a biostar g31d m7 mobo.
3 gig ddr2 ram
320 gb hdd
450watt psu
intel core 2 duo @2.50 GHz
an acer v193HQ monitor with 1366*768 res
also , thers a PCI x16 slot.
my current onboard graphics is intel gma x3100 (i think)
all the above cards are DDR3 ,with 1 gig vram

the card is going to be just for casual gaming and streaming videos . etc

P.S i cannot afford a card of price above the mentioned cards .

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520...

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Inno3D/GeForce_210/

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_5450/

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_6450_Pas...

also these cards are passively cooled, so will ther be any temperature problems,or performance issues etc ?

plzz help :)  .... btw this is my first Q/forum (i donno wt)

so help me if u guys can ..
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2012 2:22:53 PM

6450 > 5450 = 520 > 210

If you can afford the 6450 get it, if you can't the 5450 is the best bargain ($30 on newegg). The 210 is significantly slower and not cheaper.
Related resources
a c 75 U Graphics card
July 15, 2012 2:42:00 PM

6450 is the best among listed.
if you can afford a 5570/5670/6570, it'd be even better.
gt520 is usually overpriced for its performance.
July 15, 2012 2:53:23 PM

de5_Roy said:
6450 is the best among listed.
if you can afford a 5570/5670/6570, it'd be even better.
gt520 is usually overpriced for its performance.



u think itll work fine with this setup?
a c 75 U Graphics card
July 15, 2012 3:24:41 PM

731sniperdawg said:
u think itll work fine with this setup?

which one, gt520? it'll work... imo you can choose better cards. it'd be more helpful if you list the card prices at your location and your budget as well.
check out toms gaming card hierarchy chart.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
the higher the card, the better gaming performance.
for 1366x768 res, 5570, 5670, 6570 would perform better if you can afford it. hard to say without having any idea about your budget or prices at your location.
passively cooled cards are not suitable for gaming. it is preferable to get cards with cooling fans if you want to play games. when you put a gaming load on a passively cooled card, chances are it will easily overheat during extended use and start throttling.
July 15, 2012 3:34:28 PM

de5_Roy said:
which one, gt520? it'll work... imo you can choose better cards. it'd be more helpful if you list the card prices at your location and your budget as well.
check out toms gaming card hierarchy chart.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
the higher the card, the better gaming performance.
for 1366x768 res, 5570, 5670, 6570 would perform better if you can afford it. hard to say without having any idea about your budget or prices at your location.
passively cooled cards are not suitable for gaming. it is preferable to get cards with cooling fans if you want to play games. when you put a gaming load on a passively cooled card, chances are it will easily overheat during extended use and start throttling.



budgets extremely low ....... 40- 54 $

btw i ws askin if all the above cards could work on my setup ..

i've seen fanned gpu s heatin up a lot, (may b coz im a noob)

wt if i attach a fan to it ? will that be enough ?
a c 75 U Graphics card
July 15, 2012 4:02:54 PM

731sniperdawg said:
budgets extremely low ....... 40- 54 $

btw i ws askin if all the above cards could work on my setup ..

i've seen fanned gpu s heatin up a lot, (may b coz im a noob)

wt if i attach a fan to it ? will that be enough ?

all those cards will work.
having a cooling fan is only one part of the solution. the case should be clean inside and have plenty of airflow as well.
yes, attaching a cooler to the card might work... then you'll have to add the price of an additional fan. an actively cooled card would still be better though.
some cards:
$50 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$44 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$50 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2012 4:06:01 PM

Look.Gaming perfomance isnt determined by how much memory the card has or how fast it is.The card's GPU matters more.If i were i'd buy a 9600GSO and never look at any of those super low end cards.
http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PVT96OYHFC-Geforce-9600GSO-51...

It is much much faster than any of the above cards.You will see around 3 times higher FPS.This card will allow you to play almost every game out there.
July 15, 2012 4:19:08 PM

Kamen_BG said:
Look.Gaming perfomance isnt determined by how much memory the card has or how fast it is.The card's GPU matters more.If i were i'd buy a 9600GSO and never look at any of those super low end cards.
http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PVT96OYHFC-Geforce-9600GSO-51...

It is much much faster than any of the above cards.You will see around 3 times higher FPS.This card will allow you to play almost every game out there.



i jus have the above card choices available now (from wer im from) btw ty fr givin me the advide abt 9600 :lol: 
July 15, 2012 4:24:18 PM

You should be looking for a 6570 or equivalent, anything less will be fustrating for gaming.
July 15, 2012 4:40:45 PM

and trying on ebay ??
July 20, 2012 6:52:24 AM

de5_Roy said:
all those cards will work.
having a cooling fan is only one part of the solution. the case should be clean inside and have plenty of airflow as well.
yes, attaching a cooler to the card might work... then you'll have to add the price of an additional fan. an actively cooled card would still be better though.
some cards:
$50 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$44 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$50 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



i already got a cooler with me ,so no probs on that,

btw,i saw a video yesterday (gameplay) the gt 520 runnin crysis 2 at high settings with dx11 patch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeRS1h9HFI)

is it possible with 6450 or 5450 ?

is 6450 a newer card compared to gt 520 and 5450?

i've decided to go for the 6450. :bounce:  will it work well ona 2 gig ddr2 system and pci x16 ??
July 20, 2012 6:56:32 AM

i made a huge mistake buyin a second hand 8400 gs 512mb a few years back.
damn s#$t ws crashing for no reason ALL THE TIME (even dduring boot) .. it reached a peak(don knw how) temperature of around 105 C (yes thts no possible) bt the card ws really hot,
so i don want to make another mistake, plz help me decide the best among these :) 

ty
a c 189 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 7:21:55 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$54 without MIR and $45 with.

If you can make this jump, its seriously going to be better than anything better than what you listed. You are going to have serious problems running regular games on it.

If you were to choose any of these cards, it would be a mistake. They are not meant for gaming. Sure its a graphics card, but its not going to be that great.

I would HIGHLY recommend something better, like either of the 6570's recommended. You are going to be unhappy with the performance of any of these cards (especially the GT520, so many people here come on the forums and ask why their GT520 sucks)

Also, in the end, this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is actually going to be cheaper, as it comes with free shipping, unless you get the MIR on the other one. Then the other one would come out to just a tad over $50. The second one is faster, but if money is tight then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Best solution

a c 75 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 7:23:22 AM
Share

731sniperdawg said:
i already got a cooler with me ,so no probs on that,

btw,i saw a video yesterday (gameplay) the gt 520 runnin crysis 2 at high settings with dx11 patch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeRS1h9HFI)

is it possible with 6450 or 5450 ?

is 6450 a newer card compared to gt 520 and 5450?

i've decided to go for the 6450. :bounce:  will it work well ona 2 gig ddr2 system and pci x16 ??

6450 will work on a ddr2 pc. video ram has nothing to do with system ram.
it'll run on pcie x16.
i haven't watched the video... did the video state what resolution, game settings, system specs were used? most amateur benchs skip important into and sometimes give off wrong impression.
here's tom's testing of 6450 running crysis 2
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6450-caic...
notice that it used high detail preset at 720p resolution.
edit: buying second hand cards does not always produce good results. if you're buying from someone you know, you'll have a good idea about the card's performance. people usually sell their cards when they have problems with it.
July 20, 2012 9:31:14 AM

thanks a lot guys , TH is the best , u guys are f in geniuses . thanks 4 al ur answers and , have a good day :D 

i cant buy from newegg .(ill try to get my friend to buy it and send it to me frm US)

gonna go with 6450 :D 
a c 75 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 9:45:20 AM

if newegg isnt available and if you're not from u.s., check your local shops or shopping websites for updated prices. you might find them cheaper.
i think 6450 is cheap enough to be available everywhere.
a c 289 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 9:45:49 AM

You should really wait a month and save $15 more. You won't be disappointed, you'll get 3 times the performance by buying HD 6570 instead of HD 6450.

HD 6450 will not play new games. That crysis video shows it well - high settings are actually the lowest it goes. Then there goes very high, extreme and ultra. Even at the lowest settings it's lagging like hell.
July 20, 2012 10:40:22 AM

Best answer selected by 731sniperdawg.
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 1:39:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!