Sign in with
Your question

Z5500 5.1 Channel - Only center speaker works.

January 16, 2013 11:21:25 PM

So basically a while back my Z5500 Surround Speaker control pod stopped working, and today I decided to plug my control pod back in, and am looking for a little help, because now ONLY my center speaker works.

Sounds like it could be a simple solution but I haven't been able to figure it out. I currently have the setup running through the control pod. The control pod works, but not the way I want it too. The effect settings that work are under the Direct Input, and they are PL Movie, PL Music, and 6 CH Direct. However, only the center speaker works (even the subwoofer doesn't work) for all of them.

I know all of the speakers work because when I was running my setup through a bypass cable, all of my speakers produced sound, it was just very quiet and muffled. This includes the subwoofer. The only speaker that didn't produce sound was the center speaker, but I know it works because that's the only speaker that works after I switched back to the control pod.

I've tested two audio cards, my onboard motherboard sound and my X-Fi XtremeMusic. I couldn't get surround to work with either. The only difference is that with the X-Fi card, when I did a speaker test in Windows (Windows 8, 64-Bit), all of the speakers minus the subwoofer made noise, it just went through the center speaker. With my onboard sound, the only speaker that makes any noise at all is the center one.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled my latest drivers. I think the root of the problem starts with the cables, because when I unplug either the yellow or black component cables, there's no difference in sound. That leads me to believe that my only working cable is my green one, but I don't know why, and I don't know what else I could test to fix it.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone's help, I greatly appreciate it.
!